Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
LandRover Discovery Sport 04/2017 2.0d
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Disco Sport is built 04/2017. It does have a 10 inch infotainment system, but no SIM card slot. Are there people with a Disco with a 10 inch display that does have a SIM card slot? And do you have the option to get updates (software and NAV) over the air (4G or WIFI)?
Thanks for info!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine has a sim card slot but as far as I am aware, it's only for the wifi hub function. As most phones have this anyway, (and we don't have young kids with wifi devices) I really can't see the point of it and haven't bothered putting a card in it.
I don't believe there are any over air updates for this era of systems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info. The sim supports In-Control functions. And with this sim it should be possible to receive NAV updates and car software updates... So not only for wifi in the car.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Thanks for info. The sim supports In-Control functions. And with this sim it should be possible to receive NAV updates and car software updates... So not only for wifi in the car.
You won't get Nav updates over the air. It has to be done via usb pendrive. I do get over the air software updates but I connect the car via wifi to the house for those

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, if you have wifi, you can get them over the air. And i think you need the sim to be able to connect to your home wifi ..you need something that can connect to the wifi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts