Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just getting around to introducing myself.

Have recently placed and order in Australia for a SD4 HSE with black pack and a few add ons.
Expecting delivery in about mid December at this stage so fingers crossed there should be a nice shiny new car in the garage for Christmas.

Any other members from Oz?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup - Melbourne. Ordered 2 weeks ago and hoping for pre-xmas delivery too.

:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does it count if i say i've been to Melbourne 3 times and would love to live out in Australia ;) :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
croutledge said:
Does it count if i say i've been to Melbourne 3 times and would love to live out in Australia ;) :lol:
why don't you take the plunge and come out to Aussieland?

Yeah looks like the cars will be on the same boat - hopefully the trek is perth, melb, std so I get mine first lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Melb-AU said:
why don't you take the plunge and come out to Aussieland?
Would love to mate. Company i work for now have a presence in Aus now so you never no. Saying that my missus and two daughters may have something to say about it :cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in Sydney - ordered a HSE lux SD4 in black with black pack and ebony interior
I've also got a delivery date of mid December from my dealer (I ordered end of July).
Listed as MY15 on order but I assume given timing will be a MY16 ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sounds like there is only one boat coming from England to Australia from JLR - and its in late Nov/ early Dec.
Let us all know if your dealer keeps you up to date with the build/delivery process.
Agree with the MY16 comment - they all will be as I believe the MY16 run starts from Sept...??? Please correct me someone... :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
durham70 said:
I'm in Sydney - ordered a HSE lux SD4 in black with black pack and ebony interior
I've also got a delivery date of mid December from my dealer (I ordered end of July).
Listed as MY15 on order but I assume given timing will be a MY16 ?
Which dealer did u purchase through durham70?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi! I ordered my disco on 24/515 and received it today! So happy with it!!! Dealer have delivery date of 18/9/15 so I was extremely happy to hear it had landed in Sydney on Wednesday!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice colour!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey guys and welcome to the forum. I've had mine since June. It's not without it's problems but it's a lovely vehicle. The main one to watch out for is if you have an AU spec towpack on a 7-seater - there are problems with the software which JLR has still not managed to fix and I am aware of a number of vehicles with this issue. Overall it's pretty great though. as long as you have a good dealer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ozsport said:
Hey guys and welcome to the forum. I've had mine since June. It's not without it's problems but it's a lovely vehicle. The main one to watch out for is if you have an AU spec towpack on a 7-seater - there are problems with the software which JLR has still not managed to fix and I am aware of a number of vehicles with this issue. Overall it's pretty great though. as long as you have a good dealer.
Thanks for the heads up.
Good to see people checking back in to the forum even after they have received their vehicle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have not heard from my dealer in Melb yet and its been now 1 full month since ordering.
Hoping we are still on schedule for late Nov/ Early Dec.
Any other Melburnians know of any confirmed or firmer delivery date?

Rgds Melb-Au

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hadn't heard anything until I dropped them an email asking

The response I got was

"Your car is due to be built next week with an ETA of early December.

We expect that it will creep forward once it gets on a boat so I will keep you informed as it goes along."

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well I just emailed the dealer today (Saturday) and got this reply:

Your cars build date was 17/9.

So all under way.

Expected arrival in Aust is end Nov.

So I would expect delivery mid December, barring any delays.

Ohhh so excited :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.