Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
For MY2016 the engine is a new power plant that is Euro 6 compliant. The model should also have any niggles discovered during the MY2015 model sorted at the factory. This hopefully will include the navigation software.
Otherwise the models are the same.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Aside engine and New Black edition, it is the same...

·
Registered
211 Posts
My dealer confirmed today the MY16 does include the nav upgrade. Otherwise as stated above, nothing else new in addition to the engine (+ ad blue)...other options to be made available in the UK "later".

·
Registered
211 Posts
Basically a combination of the old "Black Pack" (20" black wheels, grill, badges) + black roof + privacy glass.
So, nothing you couldn't already specify as options, but packaged as a "new" HSE derivative, in Auto only. And a few quid cheaper than specifying all the options individually (allegedly altho I couldn't see any difference when I looked at what my dealer quoted).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Natasha&Jack said:
Hi,

Just about to order a HSE TD4. What are the main differences between the MY15 and MY16, does anyone know?

Natasha ;)
If you are about to order then you are stuck with MY16 anyway, unless you are considering taking a car the dealer already has?

·
Registered
829 Posts
BlameTheParents said:
Basically a combination of the old "Black Pack" (20" black wheels, grill, badges) + black roof + privacy glass.
So, nothing you couldn't already specify as options, but packaged as a "new" HSE derivative, in Auto only. And a few quid cheaper than specifying all the options individually (allegedly altho I couldn't see any difference when I looked at what my dealer quoted).
In NL at least the bonnet airbag cover in Black Pack look is now (finally) black as well

·
Registered
353 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
BlameTheParents said:
In NL at least the bonnet airbag cover in Black Pack look is now (finally) black as well
That's really interesting to read about the black passenger air bag cover, very similar to the black valances I saw on a black pack lux at my dealers the other day (http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1400) though the passenger air bag cover was still grey. Would be great if the black HSE edition had all black valances and covers.

[email protected] - are you able to clarify this matter as I'm unsure now how my black edition will arrive. Be great if it was all black :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry totally noobie question - but what does "MY15" and "MY16" actually stand for? Realise it's referring to the first 2.2 model and the new Ingenium model but where does MY16 come into it?

Thanks. :oops:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
All the cars registered from September this year in UK and most of europe will have the ingenium engine and will be M16- model year 16 cars. The spec of the car is different from the spec of current cars (not a lot). Most car manufacturers bring their next year spec cars out at the end of the previous year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.