Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stuart - even the slot for the tow-bar is likely to be a factory-fitted option, rather than a standard build - best to check with your dealer.

I was advised to get the tow-bar as a factory fit rather than the dealer retro-fit, as the approach is neater.

There are some limitations with configuration options - with the seven seat option, you have to decide whether to have the spare wheel or the tow-bar - you can't have both.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The socket should be the same (The detachable swan neck of my SEAT fits) but as far as I know you cannot buy the bracket with out detachable ball and unlike the D3/4 you need to have a bracket fitted.

·
Registered
270 Posts
hadlowbob said:
I was advised to get the tow-bar as a factory fit rather than the dealer retro-fit, as the approach is neater.
There's a few on the forum would disagree. Factory fit chops away a big section under the rear bumper which some have described as unsightly and unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
ozsport said:
hadlowbob said:
There's a few on the forum would disagree. Factory fit chops away a big section under the rear bumper which some have described as unsightly and unnecessary.
Yes I think it is one hole fits all, i suspect the electric bar will have the same cut out. neat it is not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I'm confused! Think I'll go and have a look at some in the dealership I saw a factory fit option on here and didn't like the look of the huge protruding extension so was hoping to have a like for like replacement for the QR unit I have on my Disco4 which is very easy to self fit. I was assuming it would be true to LR form to have nothing cross model compatible on this new model!

Has anyone on here fitted a D4 detachable tow kit to their new DS perhaps?

·
Registered
130 Posts
When I asked about this I was told that to fit a tow bar to the DS it needed different exhaust system and meant no spare wheel. A real pain and poor engineering in my view so I decided on the spare over the tow bar. Seems peculiar on a LR which is suited to towing!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Damn, I was told it was either or! Pity as if I could have kept the spare then I'd have had a tow bar fitted. A bit of mis communication I guess. Oh well, maybe on the next one lol. Thanks for the info Phil.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
LR don't help Gogsy, when I ordered the car the fixed tow bar was on the configurator, not long after it disappeared for some reason. There are some photos of it in the gallery on April 9th, even though it was very expensive over £1000 I really like it because the black cover they fit matches black roof on car, posts on here about having the silver plates at front and rear of car sprayed black, silver plate at back disappears with cover at back of towbar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.