Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pete

I could not find anything on the working of AdBlue for the new Ingenium 2.0 diesel engine.

Could you please comment on:
- position of AdBlue tank
- how much AdBlue liquid will it contain
- expected usage per say 10,000km
- will there be a standard cost for filling the tank?
- can we easily add the AdBlue liquid ourselves?
- where is the filler opening?
- did the addition of the AdBlue tank require any design changes that impact available options?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
677 Posts
There is a video on YouTube showing how the SCR system works but doesn't show the AdBlue tank.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I found: EGR

And SCR:

Also interesting with a bit more explanation:

Bit more marketing speak but local UK accents alone make it worth watching!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pete,

According to the specs on the configuration (UK) the fuel tank has been reduced by more than 10 litres. Is it for the adblue? The fuel tank is now 54 litres! It's really small for a car like this!

Could you shed some light please as this would really be a showstopper for me!

Kind regards,
Stephane

·
Registered
208 Posts
My post just disappeared!

This ad blue got me thinking, how many 'emissions' are created in the manufacturing, packaging, transport and storage of the ad blue product. The new engine is about 30gr less than the old one, how much of this saving is used.

Another point on the road tax in the UK, this should be based on vehicle emissions and amount of mileage. A low mileage 139gr vehicle could create less than a high mileage 99gr vehicle.
Not sure how this would be policed, we would all only do about 900 miles a year then. This has probably been discussed for years.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The fact that it's a 2.0ltr may be the reason why it's slightly smaller or the two tanks may sit side by side.

I know some VWs AdBlue tanks are filled up from inside the boot. They charge £1.50/ltr inc fitting

Need to try and see if the 16MY has a larger fuel flap, as this will give a clue as to where the filler is.

The AdBlue tank is much smaller than the fuel tank, I think the Volvo coaches at work hold 480ltrs of fuel but only have 64ltr AdBlue tanks.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Recon it won't be much difference in running a 2.2 over the 2.0 with the requirement to add Adblue. Plus if it has a puddly little fuel tank.....

·
Registered
677 Posts
LR give a figure of 57.7mpg for the 2.0 150 manual and my 'old' AdBlue free 180 manual can hit 51.5mpg, so that extra 6.2mpg will be out weighed by the AdBlue, as said.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi All,

At this time the only information I am able to provide you with regarding the Discovery Sport and the Ingenium engine are all detailed here:

http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-in/jlr-corp/news/2014/07/jlr_ingenium_engine_release_090714/

As I am sure many of you are aware, the Ingenium engine is scheduled to be available on the 16MY Discovery Sport, however we have not released further information on this at this point.

I will however update you as soon as more official information is released.

Many thanks,
Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts