Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have DS HSE luxury with traffic sign recognition and when enabled the instrument panel displays the appropriate speed limit sign (with no more than 85% accuracy in my experience) but this suppresses the engine temperature display that is normally in the same position. I cant remember ever having a car when I wasn't presented with an indication of engine temperature and while I guess I'm not that bothered (I can always get it displayed by disabling traffic sign recognition) it does seem an odd design quirk that can't have been intended. There's plenty of room with thoughtful design to display both.

Does anyone know whether Landrover have made it possible to deliver software upgrades simply as is done with other devices like music players, smartphones etc. If they have I might start lobbying for some better-thought-out design of the overall display and some more display options

·
Registered
29 Posts
If the temperature rises above nominal it will override the traffic sign recognition. The whole binnacle screen will inform you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great and many thanks - but where do ordinary mortals like me find that kind of detail!?

·
Registered
29 Posts
It might be mentioned in the handbook somewhere under dashboard warnings, although I haven't looked at it.

When a fault or alert appears, door ajar, low washer fluid, high engine temp etc. the binnacle will display only the alert. You can cancel it with the ok button on the steering wheel and an exclamation mark in a triangle will display at the top of the screen until you sort it.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
A lot of new cars don't now show the engine temperature, my wifes clio and a friends new Nissan van both have a blue thermometer that shows until the engine has warmed up and then disappears.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Peter

How does your TSR work, mine just flashes up and has no audible warning, is yours the same ?

I could have sworn blind when I drove a Demo it beeped and then beeped again ?

Mine is jut a visual display and not audible, is yours the same

·
Registered
562 Posts
Chalky said:
Peter

How does your TSR work, mine just flashes up and has no audible warning, is yours the same ?

I could have sworn blind when I drove a Demo it beeped and then beeped again ?

Mine is jut a visual display and not audible, is yours the same
Probably the 'speed limiter' beeping at you when you exceeded the set speed on your test drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts