Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pete,

Can you little clarify how LRJ priorized orders.

I have red from this forum that members have ordered new DS (for example) in July and they got immediately delivery date about Nov-Dec.

I have ordered my car early May, as soon as it was possible to make orders here in Finland. Unfortunately I don't know exact order date.
I called my dealer yesterday and he said that he either don't know manufacturing date or estimated delivery date.

How this is possible?

I visited also LRJ forums in Danmark and they seems to have same problem.

Forums in Sweden have not reported problems like I have. They seems to get manufacturing date and estimated delivery date few days after their order.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
In UK dealers are given build slots, the dealers who sell the most cars get the most slots.

Your dealer should know when your car is due to be built within a couple of days of you ordering.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
In UK dealers are given build slots, the dealers who sell the most cars get the most slots.

Your dealer should know when your car is due to be built within a couple of days of you ordering regardless of what country it is ordered from.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Rugbynut said:
I ordered in February and am still waiting!
But as you haven't filled in your profile, that information isn't much use! Where are you and what did you order ?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi DiscoKai,

Thank you for your post.

Hopefully I can provide some clarification on this.

Land Rover provide build slots to each of the Land Rover approved retailers. The retailers are then able to take the orders that they have in their waiting (holding pool) and place them in to one of the build allocations that they have been given.

Retailers are advised of the estimated build date for each specific build slot and once they have assigned one of their customer orders into the build slot, they can provide this information to the customer.

In cases where a single retailer have received a high number of orders, you may experience a longer wait than if you visit / contact a retailer who have fewer customers currently in their own order holding pool.

I would strongly suggest that you contact your selling retailer and request that they provide you with your factory order number and appropriate build date details.

If you are still however experiencing any concerns, please do not hesitate to PM me with your contact details as well as specific retailer details and I would be happy to ensure this is escalated to the relevant Customer Relations Team.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Banned
600 Posts
It always pays to check progress, I once put a deposit down on an Audi TT 12mth wait. I called after 10mths and discovered the dealership had lost the order and never ordered the car from Audi. Egg on faces all round , deposit returned compensation paid .
As it happened the Mrs became pregnant during that time and we had been wondering what to do with the ordered TT anyway,
lucky escape FL2 bought instead

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news!

My car should be in Finland 13th November and delivery about week after. :D

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
That's good news - mine was built 18/08 and should of been delivered 04/09 but sat in a compound at factory until 25/09 according to updated information - and I'm in UK :shock:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know your feelings.

My current car was in Spain two months waiting for drivers seat. Reason was lack of leather.

·
Registered
48 Posts
DiscoKai said:
Good news!

My car should be in Finland 13th November and delivery about week after. :D
First off all congrats, 2nd what a great country to drive you car there in the nature. Are you planning on using it off track as well?

I've been to Finnish Lapland 2y ago and can image all the fun you have in this car driving on the roads and out in the wild.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. I have plans to drive off road and I'm also driving narrow sand road daily.
But during the winter the driving really fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.