Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been browsing Topix after I read about delivery suspended notice mention somewhere on the forum...seems like there is an issue with rear seat latching/release for 3rd row access..I collected my car on Saturday and its VIN is included in the service action, so has now an outstanding notice against it...anyone who has a car within the VIN range who has not collected car will not get it until a release bulletin is issued by the factory, as there is now a quarantine order on affected VIN's....VIN number ends at around LC 16761 - seems like they have no fix at the moment either :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got similar info today from my dealer regarding back seat issues. You have more details though. Quick question: do you have exact info on the VIN range, as I understand that 16761 is yours? My VIN does not end at all with that figure and I would to know if I might still be able to pick up the car as expected.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes this is what is holding my collection up :cry: , slider could you let us know on here if you hear any more news?
Cheers

·
Registered
677 Posts
My one has been held up at quality control for some reason, but was called over yesterday and as far as I'm aware it's on its way to the dealer. I hope my one isn't in the affected VIN range.

I don't intend to use the 3rd row, so just give me my Disco Sport Land Rover! :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My VIN number is 13500ish....the concern appears to cover all 7 seaters built since JOB1 up to 16761 I think that's the cut off number its there or there abouts..I am wondering if 7 seat build has been held off as the bulletin states that they (LR) are still trying to identify the concern...I do have to admit that I showed the 2nd row electric release off to a friend and then found 24 hrs later the seat had not latched back correctly...whether this is the concern I do not know or whether some cars are not unlatching when the button is pressed... ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Slider, where are the pics u promised of scotia grey outdoors...... This is driving me nuts :x

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't know there was an electric release for the second row. Do you know if it is available for all models? My VIN is within that range too. That's quite a lot of cars to call back... hence to process, hence to deliver back to us.... this does not sound good. At all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
btw in my purchase order the dealer indicated a 1 month window during which the car would be delivered. Do you have that too on your PO? What does it mean for us should the car be delivered after? Any form of compensation (I'm renting a car meanwhile...). Any experience with that?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That may answer a few question, I have no VIN number only a chassis number but as if seems to be all 7 seaters up to a that VIN there is a good chance I am included and explains why it is still at Halewood.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys pictures of DS asap...got called in last night in the dark and got back tonight in the dark...tomorrow all being well will do pics...

VIN number run affected is 01 to 16866 7 seaters

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine ends 16887 but not celebrating until I'm driving it on Friday hopefully :shock:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I note there is also a bulletin 72215 Discovery Sport / L550 (514720 → 501001 - these are chassis numbers what VIN number they are I do not know) which talks about the bonnet making contact either at rest or in motion with the lamps, bonnet bump stops need changing apparently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jacko said:
Mine ends 16887 but not celebrating until I'm driving it on Friday hopefully :shock:
Hi Jacko

I don't know mine but will ask the question tmrw but do you know your build date? I know mine so if after your date can I assume my VIN will be higher and therefore also out the range affected?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Apologies but never known build date. I'm on track for same delivery date originally quoted. With a turnaround of approx 4 weeks, assume it was built 3rd week of February?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm disappointed, but wife is REALLY not happy!
I emailed dealer Monday morning, still not even replied. My collection was 13th March..... :evil: :twisted:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Deposit and order placed November and so far not so much as a sniff of any build date (let alone delivery..!) I have no doubt that Landrover are holding back until they have resolved all the many issues and glitches which seems to be accumulating (its a good job the DS has a tried and tested engine and gearbox!!) before they start on mine. :D Oh - and I'm bound to win the lottery this week and did any of you see those pigs flying earlier today?

Nevertheless, dealer is doing his bit by keeping all the bad news - indeed ANY news - away from me. That's what I call service.

But I guess we should expect this since we're buying their 'cheap' model - not much profit on these or other 'bin end' models from the range. Too busy transferring all the 'goodies' originally for the DS to their more up-market projects. But perhaps LR would do well to remember that the DS will underpin the greater part of the company's business.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Only managed to get the 2nd row of seats to slide forward once since I've had my car, I thought it was me doing it wrong :?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 323 Posts