Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leasing my DS through my business. My current vehicle contract ends on the 15th August, and I have just had an email from the dealer to say:

'I have been informed today that your new Land Rover is going to come through with the new fuel efficient 2.0 TD4 180 PS engine as Land Rover closed ordering on the current SD4 2.2 engine early. The dealership only found out last week that it'd be coming through on the new engine.

There is however, a slight downside to this in that the new engine doesn't go into production until Mid August, meaning your car is likely to be deliverable from mid September as it's one of the first to go into build. I appreciate that this may represent a potential issue in the fact that the car comes off a month before.'

Which means I won't have a vehicle for a month (I'm a valuer in rural Devon so need it for getting down farm lanes etc!) Anybody else ever had a logistical problem like this? I'm hoping the dealer might lend me a vehicle for a month?! Or is that just wishful thinking?? Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Agree with the insurance excess as well, they tried to palm a £1000 excess on to me - no way

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, I've left it with them to come back to me after the weekend with suitable alternative arrangements so we'll see what they offer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.