Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new to this forum. I'm originally german speaking (being from Switzerland), so please excuse for my poor english...

I ordered my HSE Lux 3rd of march, original delivery date should have been somewhere in June/July. Now it looks that it should be produced mid/end of September and be delivered mid/end of October. Went through a couple of headaches... delay in manufacturing, Adaptive Dynamics not deliverable in a reasonable time, Meridian Sound System not available with Standard-Navigation System (but which was confirmed on my order by JLR Switzerland), discovering why the Enternainment Pack has such a poor screen resolution, not knowing which engine I would receive, etc. etc. etc...

Four weeks ago I've got the message that my car will be equipped with the Ingenium Diesel Engine. Originally I ordered the old 2.2, but I'm fine with that. Even more, I'm happy to get the new engine, but... now I read in a german forum that there are some rumours that JLR is not able to produce enough new engines at that it might be that the DS will continue to be equipped with the old 2.2 until October/November... did anybody heard also such rumours?

Greetings from Switzerland
Mauro

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Hi Mauro

Your English is way better than my German! I've visited Zurich twice and have to say some of the nicest people I've met anywhere :)

I've not heard this but have read 2.2 can't be sold in Europe from 1st September onwards.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Grüezi Mauro,

Welcome to the forum. And nice English as well.

The comment from Muddywheels is quite correct and we're also waiting for our DS with the new Ingenium engine. Certainly here in Germany no cars can be registered on or after September 1, 2015 unless they meet the Euro 6 requirements.

It could of course be that not enough new engines can be produced although I too have not heard anything to that effect. I've a fixed part exchange price for our FL2 so if it comes later than scheduled it's not a problem as it would seem to be in the UK where the part exchange price generally seems not to be fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grüezi mitenand

Thank you both for the warm welcome. Indeed, I'm living near Zurich :)

Chippy, the 911 in your nickname, is it what I'm thinking? :))

Usually, the guy which wrote about these rumours, is a well informed person, I hope it's not true... and in the same time I hope the new engine won't have a lot of problems...

Wish you a nice day!

Mauro

·
Registered
13 Posts
Servus Mauro,
you might guess that I'm from Austria and you are right. I will get my HSE in April 2016, BUT it's a fleet car that means that someone from JLR will drive it for 6 months so it has to be delivered by the beginning of October. And they told me that it will certainly be equipped with the Ingenium engine!
Regards
Ludwig

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Mauro,
I am from Switzerland as well and had the same story. I just order the car 10 days before you, but the delivery was already in july.
Anyway, in April, it was delayed until September because of the engine; finally last week they told me that the car I will get in September won't be the one I ordered as the entertainment system 2, the headp up display, the surround cameras and the wade sensor won't be installed.

If I want to have them, I have to wait until february (at least). eventualy the adaptative cruise control may be available at this date. but I haven't got a clear comitment about it.
in fact I haven't got any info in written form. so far I have only my contract from last February specifying a delivery this month.
cheers

Javi

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ludwig

I'm getting optimistic again ;-)

Hi Javi

Regarding the clear commitment, the ordering process is following: The sales guys can log into the order system of JLR. First JLR confirms the receipt of the order (a couple of days/weeks after your order). At this stage anything can be ordered, even if the combination isn't possible (like it was with my standard navigation system and the Meridian Sound System). Then, at a certain point, JLR confirms the order, excluding all errors, showing how the car will be configured. This was the stage where my sales guy saw that Meridian is only available with the HDD Navigation. Further, it shows the last date for modifications (in my case 3rd of September) and estimated production (9/2015) and delivery date (10/2015).

This is the point where we two are sitting and waiting. Depending on what you ordered, the production date is sooner or later. My question to your sales guy would be if in this order confirmation the Head Up Display is part or not. Next step will be the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), only when this number is known, the real production date is known..

By the way, regarding the entertainment system. I discovered that having dual view, which is part of the entertainment pack, the main touch screen has an extremely poor resolution, even worse than a commodore 64 ;-) so I wouldn't mind too much not having it, but that's only my opinion..

Sun is shining, wish you all a nice day!

Mauro

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Commodore 64 :shock:

There's a blast from the past - I had a Saturday job selling them when I was at school :lol:

Good luck with your orders :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi Mauro,
I believe that I didn't get any of these date you mention.
it was never so precise as you said, just july then september and finally february.

I mean that when the car was delayed and promised to be delivered in septmber, it was looking more like a wish from the dealer to keep me happy.
for the delay in september: I told me: "as you ordered in February, you will be prioritized and get it in september".
for the february delay: " you will get the first cars built. so the car will be assembled beginning of January, and will be delivered to you latest begining of February...
I would like to believe it, but I have my doubts.
I have no confirmation that the missing options will be really there in February; just a strong feeling from the dealer.

Did you get a new contract mentioning the new engines and the new options?

ciao
Javi

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got a date when first ordered in February, one week later a date was given in June and that never changed other than the car arriving a week before the June date. Could be your dealer is not giving the right info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Charles

I also assume that the dealer is not giving all info to Javi..

Hi Javi

I discovered all this step by step by myself, because we already bought 1.5 Years ago an Evoque for my wife. It might be that your dealer do not want to loose you as customer and therefore tries to gain time. I ordered originally the Adaptive Dynamics. The Sales Guy contacted me saying that if I would insist on this feature the car would be delayed, for an indefinite period... so why your dealer knows that it will be January/February? Or is it only an assumption?

I didn't got a new contract, only a printscreen of the JLR-System showing the order confirmation.

Mauro

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any news on the Ingenium engines? Do you know if the production started already?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I ordered at the end of May once the Ingenium engine became available to order and we agreed a September delivery. All the orders just before that were changed from 2.2 to Ingenium anyway but after 2 Freelanders with the old engine (2008 and 2013), I definitely wanted the new design engine with better fuel economy from the latest technology, smaller capacity and JLR design (not Peugeot+Ford).

The build with Ingenium engines has started. It has been fitted to the Jaguar XE for some time but starts at Halewood assembly plant now after the factory shutdown and reconfiguring the tooling. I know this because my salesman now has a scheduled delivery date for my car to arrive at the dealership (25th September). He said this may move a little bit later or earlier.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, my first post to the forum. Similar delivery story to you Chris b. I ordered SE Tech auto in Feb with a planned wait till September for Ingenium. Delivery date originally requested was 5th Sept. It's now been confirmed as 23rd Sept, but dealer said he's not fully confident it will remain as confirmed. Let's see how it goes!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I think they're meant to start building the first DS's with Ingeniums on the assembly line in a couple of weeks time in readiness of the September deliveries.

Is anyone able to confirm they're on track to hit those build dates?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.