Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just casually announced that the dealer called yesterday saying the DS won't be ready to collect tomorrow. She assumed the dealer had called me directly like she asked; but clearly not.

Apparently there's a delay to all UK cars - they are built and ready but LR are not releasing any of them yet. None.

Anyone else heard the same or am I getting (and to continue the two-letter acronyms) LR DS BS?

Cheers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not liking the sound of that!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unconfirmed and if it were true I'd have expected outrage on the forum from other 01/03 buyers.

Perhaps it's just my dealer or even just my car.

Either way, grrr.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My car was scheduled for next Friday but apparently there are delays because of supply problems with automatic gearboxes. The dealer doesn't know yet if my car is affected.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just had an email off my dealer, who says the car is built, has been called, and will arrive at dealers this week (Beadles Sidcup). delivery scheduled for mid the following week (11th/12th). Mine is an auto

·
Registered
33 Posts
Me and my friend purchased one each

My friends has been released and he gets it today!!!!

Mine for some reason is built but hasn`t been released, dealer not sure why because both where built on the same day. He suspected volume of deliveries

·
Registered
230 Posts
TheGate said:
Just had an email off my dealer, who says the car is built, has been called, and will arrive at dealers this week (Beadles Sidcup). delivery scheduled for mid the following week (11th/12th). Mine is an auto
I'm also Beadles Sidcup with Paul. Very similar dates and been told 13th for collection so fingers crossed. Let us now how you get on!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I also had an email today, saying my date of the 13th has been put back until the 27th.

There has been a short delay on them across all of the Discovery Sport due to amount the company is selling, the delay isn't huge but none the less, there has been a delay!
Your planned delivery date to us has moved back to 27/03/15 .. This may well come forward again, but I will be checking a lot more now as the dates will be abit all over the place as we are now coming into March!

Sorry for this but I will keep you informed with movements.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I also had an email today, saying my date of the 13th has been put back until the 27th.

There has been a short delay on them across all of the Discovery Sport due to amount the company is selling, the delay isn't huge but none the less, there has been a delay!
Your planned delivery date to us has moved back to 27/03/15 .. This may well come forward again, but I will be checking a lot more now as the dates will be abit all over the place as we are now coming into March!

Sorry for this but I will keep you informed with movements

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mines built and in system to be transported, should be along next week, hopefully.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So did anyone collect today in the end? To my embarrassment, I did drive past my dealership and the two local car parks they use, to see if they were awash with DS - just not mine...but nothing. One at the dealer I assume is a demo. No revised date yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My dealer told me the delay is purely down to quality control, JLR want to make sure every DS has been checked checked and checked again 100% before being released to customers :|

·
Registered
562 Posts
LRDSport said:
My dealer told me the delay is purely down to quality control, JLR want to make sure every DS has been checked checked and checked again 100% before being released to customers :|
I hope so...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
According to my source the 'Update Prior to Sale bulletin' which is holding all L550's at the dealers is still in force ? -it may be they have not updated it over the weekend but it does seem odd.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I confess to knowing next to nothing about the manufacture of motor vehicles. However, The idea that Land Rover is somehow holding back the release of the first new Discovery Sports while they carry out detailed and thorough quality control seems difficult to swallow.

They have when all is said and done been making the DS for some weeks/months and have distributed at least some as 'demonstrator vehicles' to showrooms for customers to test drive and to examine up close. This ought, presumably, to have highlighted any difficulties - either mechanical or in terms of the quality of the build.

That is not to say that issues will not subsequently manifest themselves which need to be investigated. But surely cars are subjected to quality checks as they roll of the production line? - it doesn't seem credible that, having produced hundreds/thousands and parked them up ready for distribution they only then start to check them over!!

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but something doesn't sound quite right here. Perhaps it is something simple like problems with transporter deliveries or some such. But the bottom line is once again that Land Rover would appear to be treating its customers with scant respect and as though we are all born yesterday. If there is a problem surely better to give us the explanation. Not to do so simple fuels the fires of those who are all too quick to claim a history of unreliability and that can't be good for the balance sheet.

·
Registered
677 Posts
A quick look on topix reveals a lot, problems with water ingress in the tailgate lamp various software and vehicle updates.

I posted it in a seperate thread.

My dealer delivered their first one yesterday.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here in Canada, my sales rep has advised that all LR vehicles in Canada are released on the same day to give equal footing to all dealers regardless of location.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts