Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Ordered a DS HSE beginning of the week and have been told that they cannot get an estimated build date due to a "problem" with the LR systems, and it will normally resolve itself within a week or 2

Has anyone else heard of a similar thing ? They said it doesn't delay the order etc but seems a bit strange to me

cheers

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
No, and a week or 2 seems a long time for a system fault. I was given my ETA at time of ordering as dealers normally have build slots booked.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If LR do not know what they are building for a week or two, then they are really in the poo.
Dealers unless as indicated above have booked build slots which they can sell on, cannot give a build date until the manufacturing plant accepts the order, in my case order although I ordered from the dealer last November, the plant only took the order mid Jan, at that point I got a estimated week ending (normal way of doing this) build date of 6th March, in the end it was built on the 10th March .
I would therefore ask if the order has been passed to plant, as it may be the dealer system not LR. if it has they should be able to give a week end date, if they cannot, and i have heard no rumors of a plant stop, i can only guess that they have a supply shortage on one or two variations and are re-jigging the build. even so i do find it surprising.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, does seem strange - the dealer is still saying this does happen and they have an internal order tracking number, but nothing more than that

For now doesn't seem a huge amount can be done, so guess wait it out. They did suggest there are build dates allocated that they are using a slot, and have said they expect it to be October

cheers

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
nino said:
We're they not stopping the plan around now to retool for the 2.0 engines?
The engine would come in as an assembly as would any different wiring looms etc, so a line stoppage I wouldn't thing is required, LR will have a summer shut down at the end of July, If some equipment does need changing that would be the time to do it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
First 2.0 Ingenium DS MY 2016 are being built 13th July onwards; these cars are send to dealers as demos. Factory takes a break late July and my car has just been confirmed to be build 2nd weeks of August with delivery early September. That seems about as quick as you can expect for MY2016...

·
Registered
35 Posts
You may have the same issue that I had when ordering mine. The dealer had run out of build slots and had to wait for new slots. At least your dealer is not doing what mine did. They guest a date when I signed up and were over a month out. They then blamed the factory but I found out via Pete on here what really happened. Still not got my car, it now being held for a quality issue. Hope to see it soon

·
Registered
30 Posts
You should be so lucky!

I ordered my DS in the middle of February, my quoted build date of first week in September was only provided following a heated telephone conversation with customer services.

My original delivery date was June/July.
I just hope it will be worth the wait

G

·
Maybe you all should have gone for the current SE4 - quiet engine, loads of pulling power for my caravan, economical with it, delivery right now and a nice discount.

Ignore the "reviews" which say the engine is noisy - absolute rubbish - it's very smooth and it's a thoroughly tested and reliable motor.

I wouldn't buy one of the new, heavier, less powerful (and more expensive) engines without a really, really good test first - at least not for towing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tomt - i think i have the exact same issue, im just waiting for Pete to have a look for me, as i suspect it is the same. They giving much later ETA's

Certainly to get a build date of Sept would be very nice!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wowsers!!... Sept would be amazing!!

We are private leasing and have been given a date in December!!.. We were also told we are lucky not to have ordered an Evoque as there is apparently a 12mth wait on new ones??!!!

I am praying we have been majorly under promised and will get over delivered... And perhaps be nearer end Sept/ Oct time. We did order 4 weeks ago!

Our spec: 2.0 HSE Black auto in Corris Grey.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ordered mine on 19th June. Told it would likely be late October/early November. I'm guessing my dealer doesn't have any earlier build slots. Tried to get him to sell me a demonstrator, but it was "cheaper" to buy new on finance than nearly new! I'd started looking in early May and dabbled with X3's as I was trying to get a car for our family holiday to France in August. Will be going in my 56-plate 525d Touring with 130k on the clock! Teach me to dither! I'm sure it will get me there and back or the French Ferrymen will get me first.

UPDATE: Just had an email saying likely to be delivered early October. Can't wait!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.