Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So l went to local dealer 2 weeks ago to see about having Tow Bar fitted, not a problem they say, Fixed Tow Bar to suit space saver wheel and 13 pin electrics, £750.00 all in with abit of discount. One week later get a phone call saying we have Tow Bars but no electrics, apparently all electrics are being used on the line, none spare, will be July 26th before l can have it all done. Any Ideas anyone... Another Ta Ta cock up
hum
regards
tony

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Duckworth LR parts(Land Rovery Discovery Sport 13 Pint Towing Electrics Part No.: VPLCT0155,-£89.00 (+VAT at 20%) has just let me put a set of tow bar electrics into the 'basket' - i don't need another set so i went no further.

·
Registered
270 Posts
merctony said:
So l went to local dealer 2 weeks ago to see about having Tow Bar fitted, not a problem they say, Fixed Tow Bar to suit space saver wheel and 13 pin electrics, £750.00 all in with abit of discount. One week later get a phone call saying we have Tow Bars but no electrics, apparently all electrics are being used on the line, none spare, will be July 26th before l can have it all done. Any Ideas anyone... Another Ta Ta cock up
hum
regards
tony
Could be part of the tow pack / parking sensors tech bulletin? I've been informed that the parts (apparently it's a software patch + replacement tow module or something) to fix my issues will be available early July.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Or buy from the manufacturer direct via the cheapest site in Germany.

http://www.kupplung.de/anhaengerkupplung/elektrosaetze/

€22 for a 7 pin set! Jaeger make the JLR kit but somehow that LR writing on quadrouples the price!

Detachable towbar for the car (brink) with 7 pin is €310!

Worth the postage to UK at that price!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Jaegar make the kit for JLR (Westphalia and Jaegar make nearly all other manufacturers specific kits) and rebrand in with a LR logo. Trust me, for my last RRE the wiring kit I bought from this website came with the same fitting instructions as the one's you could download from Topix! The factory is close to where I live an I know someone who works there so have the inside track.

As long as the towbar is e approved (which it has to be by law) so has complied with all the design spec of the OE item, then there is zero effect on the vehicle warranty.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If what I was told today is correct, your acquaintance will be very busy.
My LR informant is normally reliable, and I don't think it is to do with software more coincidence with that, the fault is with the batch of suppliers parts.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I suspect we have now entered the age where all cars must have dedicated kits to link in to the safety systems and CAN BUS architecture.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
BFGDSMan said:
I suspect we have now entered the age where all cars must have dedicated kits to link in to the safety systems and CAN BUS architecture.
Certainly why you need the dealer, or a man with a laptop to turn off the reversing sensors when to tow pack is fitted.
There is a twisted pair on the towing loom, blue / white if my memory is correct.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Same with me as I needed a bar almost straight away. I am sure my next DS will be aftermarket - if nothing else I will only cut out the requisite space under the bumper and not the whole bloody undertray and then leave it all rough edged. If they are going to cut so much out I am surprised they don't make up for it with a clip on and off-able cover (not a real word I know but it makes the point) to make the gap look less obvious and keep all the crap out from under the bumper when the bar is not in use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.