Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pressure is on now - Just received an email from my dealer stating that he can secure a build slot with delivery in March - he needs me to confirm my colour and options tomorrow!!!

Yikes Im still torn between 3 colours, Corris and Kaikoura which i have seen and Scotia which i have only seen in the brochure. As for interior colours, don't even go there - I have always been a black interior man but cirrus/lunar or almond/ebony are causing me a major headache !!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I test drove Kaikoura/almond which looked a good combo. If you check out my thread 'Gleneagles preview event' I'm sure ther is a photo of scotia with ebony interior.

I've always went black, but I've always had light exterior colours. As Loire is pretty dark I went Cirrus as a nice contrast.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I quite like the Kaikoura, it is slightly different from the monotone choices out there. your dealer has got his skates on if he can get one in March, I ordered at the end of November and delivery will be end of March.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers J77 - what is the colour of the car in the pic above the Kaikoura Stone model - it looks nice?

·
Registered
829 Posts
@J77: have you got pictures of the Kaikoura DS and the Almond interior? That's what I ordered but never seen the combo...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Scotia Grey

There is a kaikoura stone photo with almond interior but it's only from the rear in the gleneagles thread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well.... I have gone for Scotia Grey but ever since I ordered, it has got more and more "green" in my head!!!

There don't seem to be many photos about of that colour and each one looks a slightly different shade!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If you go onto the JLR media site and look at the Iceland pictures one of those is Scotia Grey, LR actual have named the picture Scotia Green!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I will....many thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have ordered Scotia Grey and it definitely has a light metallic green look to it. I think it is a really great colour which lifts the car. I also went Cirrus after much deliberation despite the fact normally I like dark interiors. The lighter colour interior really enhances the look of quality because the black leather hides any contrast stitch

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ordered today, build date in two weeks, delivery mid March c/w a 10% discount.

I went Scotia Grey with almond/ebony interior on a HSE Auto with privacy, towbar, spare wheel, extra USB and memory mirrors!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Does the HM Forces order bring it forward so such a short wait?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No the HM Forces scheme has nothing to do with delivery dates - I was very lucky that all of the moons aligned ;-)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I was told no discounts on new vehicles, so if I where you I would have a go at the Lottery while your at it, those Moons are worth keeping

·
Registered
44 Posts
There us no discount even to JLR employees (though there is for the XE funnily enough) but there has always been a special deal for Armed Firces currently serving (quite right too) it may be that the car that was ordered was available sone colours will gave a longer wait than others

1 - 15 of 15 Posts