Discovery Sport Forum banner

<t>How would you rate the quality of communication from your dealer?</t>

• <t>Great! My dealer is in regular contact with status updates and delivery info. I couldn't be happi

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • <t>Good. I've been informed promptly of my build date and any delays etc. Without me having to chase

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • <t>Fair. They're always happy to take my calls and respond quickly to emails, but I always have to c

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • <t>Poor. I wait ages for my calls and emails to be returned, and information provided is sketchy.</t

• <t>Awful. I have to call many times before anyone calls me back. I feel like I'm fighting for inform

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a little tired of the one-way relationship I'm having with my dealer. I don't get any info unless I call him. I sometimes wonder if my car would ever have been ordered at all if I hadn't made regular calls to check on status etc. Even now my collection date (which I had to push to get booked in) is getting close, I'm having to do all the chasing.

So, I thought I'd start a poll to measure the experience of other forum members. How would you rate your relationship with your dealer?

Please vote, if things drastically change you can come back and re-vote later.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My experience has been, good I use the same dealer/salesman all the time and I know if they have the info they will tell me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi like you Mattrix299,

I feel like I am doing all the work, until one day last week, I had a call from the dealership, but another salesman, I first thought he was going to try and sell me gap or tyre insurance or service plan or something, because no one has yet. Anyway he explained he was looking on the system to check his customers car and saw that mine was also ready for transport and as it was my sales day off he thought he would let me know, great I thought. But since then my salesman is always busy when I call, and his reply email are so vage I have no clue as to when I might now be collecting it.
His last email said
We are allowing 5 working days for a car to arrive, as soon as your car gets here I will be in touch.
!
Now is that five days from last week when I paid in full for the car, or five days from his email.

Would I use the same dealership again ? YES
Would I use the sames salesman again ? NO

·
Registered
506 Posts
Like j77, my experience has been good. I also use the same salesman all the time and I know if he has any info he will tell me, as he did yesterday evening.

I have to admit that I phone him at least once a week to ask questions on various things, and always ask about my car's due date of course. They are very busy, but he always has time for me. And he always calls me back if his line was engaged or if he was with a customer. In reality, if the system is not giving him new info, there's no point in him phoning me. First rate.

So I can't really vote, as non of the options really cover my experience.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Like xxtrail I am not really in a position to vote at the moment but, have to say that so far the dealership / sales person has been very good re his contact by e-mail and telephone.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, privacy glass, flaps, rubber mats, bright finish treadplates, spare wheel, 3 additional USBs, traffic sign recognition, service plan. Delivery to dealer end of March, date TBC.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I would like a extra line added, regular contact, but answers may be dealer biased. Up to the point the car was built fine, now I feel they are spinning me a yarm whilst they wait for a full transporter load for themselves.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I totally agree with Moose, my answer ten days ago would have been totally different, and in ten days time will be, but I am at the hair pulling stage where I just want a firm date.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Nubmaster said:
I totally agree with Moose, my answer ten days ago would have been totally different, and in ten days time will be, but I am at the hair pulling stage where I just want a firm date.
It's not Guy Salmon as well is it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Moose said:
Nubmaster said:
It's not Guy Salmon as well is it?
Yes it is but the one in Maidstone, Kent

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok mines in Coventry - interesting, anyone else which Guy Salmon?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nubmaster said:
Tell me about it. I thought once it was built (completed w/e 27th Feb) things would improve but this is what happened after it got to port for export:

RETURNED TO SHIPPER SOUTHAMPTON 13-03-2015 09:02:58 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 11-03-2015 09:10:00 1
RETURNED TO SHIPPER SOUTHAMPTON 11-03-2015 08:34:00 1
EXPORT UNIT ON HOLD SOUTHAMPTON 10-03-2015 18:27:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 03-03-2015 00:22:00 1
BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 03-03-2015 00:20:00 1

No ETA or even scheduled vessel now since it inexplicably missed the last one which departed on the 13th. The dealer hasn't been able to give me much information except for rumors that Land Rover is trying to synchronize delivery to all dealers in Australia at the same time, which is quite ludicrous and almost certainly impossible - especially given they're even having delivery issues in the UK! :x

·
Registered
81 Posts
I take back everything I said, My salesman just called to say its being off loaded now, they had a transporter full of them, all day Friday and half of Saturday fully booked with hand overs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ozsport, I think your car is afraid of water. Or maybe thinks she is going to a penal colony.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Duncanslater said:
Ozsport, I think your car is afraid of water. Or maybe thinks she is going to a penal colony.
Well I did forgo the wade sensors - perhaps you are right :lol:

·
Registered
829 Posts
My dealer is a great in terms of a chat while sitting in front of him; takes all the time in the world and offered me a good trade-in. But...

Doesn't like email, if I ask him by email, I always have to chase

Totally honest chap but our LR importer gives NL Dealerships very mixed messages

The Ed4 2WD delay was communicated to me 2 weeks before by Josje and I had to chase my dealer to get this confirmed

Again today Josje had an update, my dealer didn't know. Dealer called importer, area manager didn't know either yet 1 guy at the NL importer phoned my dealer late afternoon and confirmed Josje's update.

Overall, I think the LR communication issue is both a cultural issue and a professional one. Image how much more positive we would be if we were given pro-active updates on our cars and better sales info on options like InControl Apps, launch of MY2016, new engines, different options that all seem to be different by market etc...

·
Registered
230 Posts
It would be helpful if everyone updated there signature to include which dealer they are using.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts