Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a bit of a struggle with my dealer ordering this car. Not to say that it's been a bad experience, far from it. But the communication has been a bit thin on the ground, versus what I like.

Anyway, I want to get some bikes on the DS, so wanted the factory fit towbar ideally. This is supposedly not available until mid-2015. Anyone else received the same info as this. So the dealership fit, detachable tow bar is the only way forward at nearly twice the price of the factory option.

So as a compromise, I started looking at the roof rails. Anyway, long and short of this is that in th ebrochure they are a whopping £567, fitted. But my dealer says you need to add fitting costs to this at 2x £100/hr. Plus a few trim bits, them wanted nearly £1000 for some ugly bits of metal. I tweeted LR who state that the rails are £567 all in, my dealer flatly is adamant that the brochure is wrong. LR have asked me to send my retailers contact info so as to educate them, but I've decided the tow bar, be it dealer fit is the way forward.

Anyone else had conflicting/lacking info on their order.

I know it is early days, but there seems to be no streamlined way to get answers, and I am not trusting my dealers answers as correct.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have factory fit detachable towbar specced on my order....just been told today build is week comm 16th March....actually trying to decide if I really want it, only want for bike carrier...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you do me a huge favour and get confirmed from your dealer that the factory fit towbar is available. Mine says no..

Yup, same here, bikes!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Will do as soon as can get hold of sales guy....also mentioned that the whole build programme may be put back a little apparently some Feb build cars are now back into March.....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Other than waiting on confirmed dates, my orders been a breeze. I've used the same salesman/dealer for a few years.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Managed to speak to dealer today at length, there is no issue with factory detachable Tow bar, he thinks there may be confusion with that and the electrically deployable unit which he believes is coming as an option later in the year...my order is scheduled for week ending 20th March....following schedule revision...all gone back a little... ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Spoke to my salesman today, basically as above, nothing showing on the system that says it can't be ordered now for first deliveries.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a very much.
Time to kick ass 2moro!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm waiting for confirmation of my build and delivery date - expected to be the end of March. Will find out in the next few days. I've already taken my private plates off my Evoque - and will try to sell privately to save a few more bob. Must say I've been offered a cracking trade in anyway if I can't sell.
Looking forwards yo it now - new car, bigger boot - a little more grown up.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I called my dealer today, who initially still insisted that the factory detachable towbar was not available. I then told them that I wanted them to call LR and would only take that as final.

Anyway, 15 mins later they call to say that the tow bar was available & offered profuse apologies.

Not impressed that I am the one selling the car to myself.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's my biggest issue & I am going to take this further with the dealer in question. They have done sod all, aside enter my order into the LR system. Not worth their £3-5k+ commission from LR. I've done all the work & had to be pro-active from day one.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My dealer tried to charge me extra for installing the items in the Outdoor Pack that I specified. Main bit that really upped the cost was installing the fixed side steps. I had to go online via there computer to LR website to build a vehicle and show where it states it is included! They of course apologised, but it does seem that as an entirely new vehicle they are getting there heads around all the options themselves.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Their*

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agree, that it seems this is the first time the brochure includes the options inclusive of VAT & fitting, but c'mon it's their job to know!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just been told build date is week ending 20th Feb :D has come forward about three weeks....HSE with some toys...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Happy days; build dates seem to move a lot and with litte notice...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts