Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the disco sport come with active dampers fitted as standard? I read somewhere the stiffened up in the corners with some clever magnetic ride adjustment. Did these get fitted as standard on UK cars?

·
Registered
116 Posts
It should have done... but it's vanished along with a few other things.
If you look now it's *** only available in some markets *** so far I haven't found those markets :)

I think its something that was dropped to reduce costs for the 7 seater option in the UK

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it needs them as the car tends to roll a bit too much in the corners. What about active brake distribution to help when cornering?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Agreed; doesn't need active dempers in my opinion while the car as standard has an impressive chassis with (for me) great balance between comfort and handling. Better than RR Evoque in fact due to improved rear suspension

·
Registered
71 Posts
In Austria and Germany you can order active driveline and dynamic package with active dampers (Magneride). I think it is a nice feature which I always use when I'm passing the Autobahn in the Alps with a lot of curves. It is really a nice feature to give a more sports image to the car on these kind of streets.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
philn said:
I find one of the plus points of the DS is it's cornering ability.
Me too - way better on road handling than my D2 (and I had ACE and SLS)

·
Registered
677 Posts
The DS sticks to the corners like glue compared to traditional Land Rovers, if I threw my D4 into the beds like my DS it could turn nasty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.