Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just picked up my new DS and am really pleased with it apart from two random items:

On braking I lose my DAB radio channels - this does not seem to be a safety feature as it is not as I approach a junction or come to a complete stop but when I am driving along at normal speeds.

Has anyone else experienced this at all or even had it resolved?

I am also very disappointed at the finish of the underside of the car following the fitting of the FF towbar - they seem to have just cut a large hole in the plastic to expose the fittings and not replaced this with any kind of remoavable trim - is this what I am stuck with? I am concerned that it will fill with mud/water in the winter when I drive around the rural area where I live?

Any advice would be appreciated if anyone else has experienced these two issues, I have spoken my dealer who are playing the 'oh I have never heard of that before' card.

Emma

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the DAB issue on braking. Mine is going in to be looked at in a couple of weeks time.

A few others have reported the same problem on the forum, seems related to the high level brake light interfering with the DAB signal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine does the same with DAB, getting looked at when it goes back for its 30 day check up.
Most of us have the hacked out plastic trim around detachable tow bar area as well. Sorry, but at least you're not alone :cry:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Emma if you trawl through the forum you will see a lot of posts on these 2 issues.

I had the issue with DAB on braking, your dealer will be aware of this and the fix which is to re earth the high level brake light and fit a new bulb as they had a batch of faulty ones that interfere with the signal, LR have a bulletin about this.

Regarding the factory fit towbar cut out a lot of people have said they aren't happy with this, somebody posted photos. I guess that is the way they fit the towbar and as far as I am aware this will not change.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I am sure I saw a bulletin on TOPix now about the DAB issue, that may be worth posting up.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
The bulletin is SSM72251, Emma it's possible that your dealer hasn't had anybody else with the problem but they certainly should have the bulletin which tells them about the problem and the way to fix it, if you quote the number to them they will be able to check it out.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi Guys
Today my DS was booked into the dealer for two issues.
1. Loosing DAB radio signal whilst braking.
2. Radio coming on itself after being turned off prior to shutting the engine down.

1. Problem identified by dealer as a defective EARTH connection within the HIGH INTENSITY rear brake light.
Part requires to be ordered and another appointment made to get it fixed. [ i asked how long it would take to do the fix = 2 Hrs]

2. Dealer advises this is how the radio system is designed to operate. All new vehicles are the same.

I am not to concerned about point 2 it just seems a strange type of operating philosophy. All the radios on my 3 FL's and any other vehicles i have had did not behave like this.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Strappe

When my DAB issue was fixed they re-earthed the car AND changed the high level bulb.

When the issue was raised I had a pm from a quality control guy at LR, he was the one who after they investigated told me that they had traced it to a batch of FAULTY bulbs from the supplier and the topix bulletin was raised.

I took my car in and they fixed it the same day, I hope you don't take your car in again and after fixing the earth they then have to order a new bulb.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Philn
I shall keep you advised.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup, mine has the foot-operated DAB-muting switch, too - though as so often with DAB, it's sensitive to signal-strength (which is affected by everything from location to humidity to temperature to cloudiness!). Looks like a trip to the dealer is required to have SSM72251 sorted...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Now you posted this, mine does this as well!

·
Registered
32 Posts
philn said:
Easy fix andrewe, once fixed I haven't had any issues with the dab and works better than other cars I have had.
Thanks for the reassurance - had several FL2s with DAB and no problems at all, and this one only seems to play up when reception is marginal. Shall have to try to find a day for a 'take it in and wait' fix.

EDIT 21.05.15: Have just called the dealer to book it in for the fix, as the drop-outs on braking are now becoming distracting. While they seemed quite surprised I knew all about the problem and was even able to quote the bulletin number - forums, don't you love 'em! ;) - they offered me an appointment first thing tomorrow morning as a 'while you wait', though did warn it might take a couple of hours. We shall see...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Dab signal lost on braking:
My DS has been at the dealer and the awaited spare parts have been fitted. Problem now solved.
I got a courtesy car RRE MY15 at no charge.
Well chuffed with the dealer again.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
You're right Andrewe good job we have the forums although if we know about it and the LR fix wouldn't be too much for the dealer "experts" to be expected to know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, it went in at sparrows this morning, and after an hour and a half of free (very good) coffee the technician said they'd checked the earthing and couldn't repeat the symptoms on a test drive (must be in a strong signal area, I guess!), but he was aware of the bulletin and a new brake light is on order. Apparently it will only take another hour or so of free coffee when the part arrives, and all will be sorted.

Guess it was too much to expect both a 'next day' appointment and for the part to be in stock at such short notice, and the dealer is close enough and I can get on with some work while I wait, so no problem...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So after two full day visits to the dealer my DAB signal issue on braking is still not fixed.

Even though I provided the bulletin number of the DAB issue kindly provided on this forum nothing was done to investigate either the bulletin or the issue on visit one the software updates were simply applied.

On visit two after I requested that the dealer look into the bulletin information to be told that yes indeed my DS did need a new part and they have now ordered it.

Nearly 4 weeks on I am still no nearer a fix for this issue as the part is on 'back order'

I am finding this experience very frustrating - is it normal for a part to be on back order for this amount of time? I can only presume it is a part or bulb specific to the DS and hence in short supply?

Emma

·
Registered
118 Posts
Emma, exactly the same for me, word for word. I guess the issue is that common they have used up all the parts.
2 weeks for my "bulb" which gets fitted on Saturday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts