Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my new HSE edition for a couple of weeks, but have only been able to drive it this weekend. Lovely car, but I have noticed a really annoying issue with the radio when listening to DAB stations. I am not sure if I have set something up incorrectly, but ever time I brake at a certain point before the car stops (say 20-15 mph) the radio fads out until the car comes to a complete stop, then fads in again. At first I thought it was poor reception, now I know it is the brake. Before I speak to the dealer next week, I was wondering if anyone else had observed this, or it is logged anywhere as a "software" problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mine doesn't do that. Check the settings to see what you have set for the audio sensitivity while driving. It has various levels of speed adjustment. If not a software reboot would be a possible solution.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's an interesting one. I am trying to think what the link could be between DAB and the brake system. Does it do the same fade out on other sources, normal radio, music on bluetooth or USB?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Perhaps we should start a post on here for customers whose cars have nothing wrong with them, the list of faults gets longer. "Supposed" to pick my car up on the 9th April, by then I will probably be too scared to drive it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
DBek1889 said:
I seemingly have the same issue!! Need to check other radio modes but DAB radio definitely cuts out when braking!!!
not personally found a use for DAB in a car radio - probably fine in London etc but when in the sticks, the digital signal is too dodgy, on my current FL2 in any event. Or maybe its just me! Anyway, my radio is glued to R4 on FM (with some R2 for variety!).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my DS yesterday. After taking it for a proper test today, I have the same problem that when I brake, the radio volume fades out? Did anyone get a fix for this, or is it one for the dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still haven't found a solution. I have been through the configuration settings a couple of times, but don't think there is anything in that. The dealer is swamp, so will not look at until the 7th April.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After reading this post yesterday. Driving mine this morning I found that I too have the same problem. It's an issue for me as a DAB radio was one of the main reasons I got a new car.
Seems like a signal interference issue, with something in the brake system in the same frequency as the DAB. I hope they fix it soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I had the same problem with my vehicle, after two trips to the dealership (Stratstone Stockton) they identified a problem with the high-level brakelight emitting a frequency that interfered with the DAB reception. This is now fixed and radio works perfectly. No other problems apart from a random squeaking from somewhere in the rear of the vehicle around 50 MPH.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HSE Lux, 3 weeks old. I love the car but the radio comes on automatically when I start, even if it has been switched off before shutdown. I usually play music from a USB and this normally comes on but occasionally it will open up on FM.

In my Evoque the system would play continuously through all the Folders on the USB Stick but I do not seem to have that facility on the Sport. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I have the problem with the brakes interfering with the DAB radio signal, only had the car 5 days so will wait a couple of weeks before contacting dealer in case any more issues come to light. Shows this forum and sharing information works as SISH 101 pointed out the solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took delivery of HSE LUX SPORT today mine to has radio coming on as soon as you start the car even if it's been turned off previously and could not select some local radio stations in Birmingham area on the dab system.
Voice activation on radio will not recognise radio 2 3 4 or local stations also scratch on offside passenger door steering heavy. Delivery 7 weeks late

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the radio coming on is a "feature" - unless anyone has had it repaired as a fault? Would be good to know if it's happening to everyone? I certainly get it on mine and it's annoying the hell out of me!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ref my input three queries up. I spoke to my Dealer, who spoke to Landrover. Apparently it is a known fault and will be fixed by a 'Software Update'.

Regarding playing one Folder after another from my USB Stick they have no suggestions, not even sure if the facility is available.

·
Registered
98 Posts
RE: playing one folder after another from a USB stick -
This is certainly possible. There may be other ways of doing this but the one I have found to work well is by setting up a playlist that lists each (or all) the folders you wish to play [you can, of course, list individual tracks with or instead of the folders]. This will either play sequentially through the tracks in each folder in the playlist or, if you set the options in the media menu to 'shuffle', the tracks will be randomised. The playlist needs to be in .m3u format and located in the root directory of the USB (or the same folder as each album/artist folder). I describe how to do this in a previous post - see http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=526#p4976. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good morning.
Well since my original post and the start of this thread, my radio has been fixed. As others have confirmed the problem is caused by interference between the upper most tail light and the DAB radio antenna. Why this should impact only some cars and not others I have no idea.
My dealer had not heard of the problem and had a difficult time locating a replacement tail light. They told me they sourced a part from France!
Other than this, the car works a treat.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.