Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Could someone advise if there is a special tool to replace the seal behind the crankshaft pulley. Here are some pictures of the crankshaft and a replacement seal I have already purchased. Looks to me that it screw on. Not like a conventional seal that is made of metal and is tapped on using an over sized socket.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gooner247 said:
Hi all,

Could someone advise if there is a special tool to replace the seal behind the crankshaft pulley. Here are some pictures of the crankshaft and a replacement seal I have already purchased. Looks to me that it screws on. Not like a conventional seal that is made of metal and is tapped on using an over sized socket.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks Dashnine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Yes managed to install. Remove the 4 bolts of the crank pulley after that move the belt. Use two pry bars on the small nuts at 9 and 3 o'clock on the timing cover. Cover is soft so don't use it for leaverge. The seal is behind the crankshaft pulley and needs a special tool which is not yet available so I fabricated one from so some racking. Seal is in the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
discosporti said:
Hi !

I probably have the same problem

Gooner247 Did this leak look similar to your car ?

Did you manage to install this seal ??
Could I ask the mileage you have covered? I have covered 127k on 2016 reg, but think it's been leaking for a while. Would be good to know how long these last before failing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts