Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Apologies if this has been covered, or whether it remains the 'question' - the more I read, the more I talk to people, the more info conflicts.

It's widly anticipated there will be a press release this week with new engine announcement for DS in UK, and I see already there's regional differences in specification / engine.

Are we expecting the new Ingenium engine to be universally rolled out across the range, that's what I'd been told recently on a LR experience in the new DS?

If so, is it phased? I'm hoping to order the SD4 asap, but I want to see cost / BIK / emissions, whilst I can guess from the new Evoque spec, be good to see it confirmed on the DS

Or is it the case that the Ingenium will be rolled out in the ed4 initially as 2wd?

Cheers
Soups

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Soups, yes there has been a lot of chatter about the new engine however, to be brutally honest anyone buying a full fat 4x4 doesn't really have economy or road tax at the front of their mind. Also bear in mind that the new engine isn't reported to be much different in economy terms as the current one, the main difference being that it will be Euro 6 compliant. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:roll: Hi Biggles,

Unfortunately for me I'm a company car driver, which these days is another pull your pants down taxation. The improved emissions on the Evoque make a big difference on BIK.

See what tomorrow brings :roll:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Would guess engine/emissions will be very similar to evoque/ jaguar xe, will have to be rolled out in 4 and 2 wheel drive if the want to sell cars after September 1st.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Come September all new cars/buses/trucks/vans must be EU6 compliant, so I'm assuming the new engine will be available through out the range.

The new engine should be pretty low on emissions as it now uses AdBlue.

The new ingenium 150hp 4WD manual Evoque will emit 125g/km of CO2. Badged as TD4. The DS is about 200kg heavier than the Evoque so there will be a slight increase over the Evoque. Monday apparently dealers should have some info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts