Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to getting the new DS - ordered in early December but still no news apparently about when I can expect delivery (I guess fairly early March) and still no test drive offered.

But is anyone else slightly miffed and perhaps confused about the lack of and often contradictory information being given out by Land Rover? I presume that much is down to the different flavours of vehicle being offered in the UK from that elsewhere. For example, the following links have reported MagneRide dampers are available, as are wade depth sensors and even (see LR press info) a Head-Up display!

I'm guessing none of this is true for us in the UK - or perhaps anywhere!? Since I'm not expecting these things, I guess I'll not be disappointed but you'd think Land Rover could be more careful to specify what applies where and even print a few brochures. And, given that they hoped to land a good number of orders in advance of the cars being in the showrooms, they might have tried rather harder to provide clearer information about the options. For example others have already questioned whether the mirrors auto dip on reverse (no doubt memory mirrors are only available with memory seats?), why you can't specify black wheels without a black roof (you can, apparently outside the UK), why we can't have the 5 seat option here etc.

See:
http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-in/land-rover/press-kits/2014/09/lr_discovery_sport_launch_030914/lr_discovery_sport_launch_030914/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/land-rover/11070795/Land-Rover-Discovery-Sport-on-the-move.html

·
Registered
677 Posts
A lot of information out there, but none of it is market specific. It does at times cause confusion. Best get yourself the UK spec brochure and a test drive. I've been to preview event last October and ride and drive event just before Christmas.

·
Registered
562 Posts
There is all the information out there you need. C+ for effort I'm afraid! ;) The eBrochure has been available since the start & has had a few updates, but no significant changes. The Accesories brochure fills in the blanks. I've been to a preview event (advertised through the LR website) and test driven the car at Christmas through my dealership.

My biggest issue has been the dealership not being up to speed. I have subsequently got LR involved through Twitter to give them a kick up the ar$e. See where that ends!

Most of the details you have about options not currently available, will be along end of the year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You're quite right about information, see my post re sat-nav mapping.

You will probably be frustrated to learn that I have ordered (in France) and had confirmed an HSE SD4 Auto with dynamic suspension and only 5 seats!
Delivery is expected early-mid March.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still of the view that Land Rover needs to be doing far better at marketing - and I'm a long-time Land Rover owner.

I accept that the eBrochure has been available for some time (and what an unintuitive document it is - event the dealers have trouble locating some of the options!). Moreover, there have been different versions (that don't make clear which markets they apply to) available. The preview events were probably very good - assuming you were looking to change your car at that time - if not you missed them. However, despite contacting more than one main dealer, and providing my details with the promise that they'd contact me for a test drive etc and send brochures, none have.

Today I notice that a main dealer (Beadles) has information about the new Discovery Sport - with its 21" alloy wheels, choices of engines - including a petrol version and, of course the optional head-up display.......!! Excellent - I'll have those then - or may be I'll have to emigrate first? (see http://www.beadles.co.uk/land-rover/new-cars/land-rover-discovery-sport/) Or perhaps I can have those things here but only at some unknown future date?

Fortunately, I'm not wanting those options anyway and I placed my order some time ago and confident that it will be a very good vehicle and much like they say it will be in the eBrochure!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The dealers as pointed out above in some case are no better informed than we are. when i ordered mine in November I knew more about the spec than the dealer.
I wished I had considered the option of buying abroad as I do not want the 5 + 2 seats and would much rather have a spare wheel.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Not to mention that 21" alloys are not available in any market that I know off?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Agree with KDS, you can get them on Range Rover but not sure if the PCD is the same or clearance.

·
Registered
562 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
Not to mention that 21" alloys are not available in any market that I know off?
The 21's are dealer fit, so you can order then from parts dept...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't forget that the L550 is at start up and ramp up, so not all variants will be available for the first 12 months.
There are options available in the UK that are not available in overseas markets, essentially due to the GVW of the car and tax breaks.
No One can build a single car for a single market, but at this moment in time the L550 is only built in the UK, is at startup and suppliers are ramping up and that takes tine. In these circumstances, it's best to have only certain models available at startup for each country. Marketing looked at the UK and decided at the start only 5+2 models would be available. This will change in time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.