Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
its probably the same design as the freelander they also are open and get condensation but it not been a problem think when car is moving it moves air through and clears

below post is a better discription of what I thought

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
TECHNICAL BULLE IN
L B00692v2
03 MAR 2015
Discovery Sport (LC)
Model Year: 2015 Onwards
VIN: LC500001 Onwards
Assembly Plant: Halewood

MARKE S:
All
CONDI ION SUMMARY:
Situation: Some customers may complain of condensation/mist inside exterior lamps.
his version has been created to update the affected vehicle range section.
Cause: Condensation/mist is a natural phenomenon which can occur when there is a
temperature difference between the inside and outside of the lamp unit. his condensation is
considered to be as a result of normal atmospheric conditions and replacing the light unit will
not correct this symptom. With the introduction of clear lenses condensation is likely to be
more noticeable but does not affect the performance of the lamp. Condensation will clear
when the lights have been on for some length of time and in warmer ambient temperatures.
Action: A lamp that exhibits condensation should be evaluated after a drying time where all
the functions have been operated for a minimum of 30 minutes. If the condensation has
started to clear during this time it indicates that the lamp sealing has NO been breached and
will eventually clear. he lamp must NO be replaced.
SERVICE INS RUC ION:
CAU ION: Make sure that bulb covers are correctly installed and make sure that all
breathers (tubes or membrane patches) are free from dirt and debris and are fitted correctly as
these can all lead to the formation of condensation. If any of these are determined to be the
cause of the condensation, measures should be taken to dry out the lamps and to make sure
that the bulb covers are installed correctly.
NO E: he Owner's handbook clearly states that condensation may form on the inside
of lamp lenses and is caused by atmospheric conditions. hat it is not detrimental to lamp
performance and will clear during normal usage.
NO E: Pools of water and high levels of condensation would indicate that the lamps
sealing has been compromised. Check for damage and inspect the condition of caps and
breathers.
NO E: Differing layout on the opposing sides of the vehicle can lead to different levels
of condensation inside the lamps from side to side. As a result of this the rate at which
condensation clears may also differ from side to side.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have this on mine, dealer had a look yesterday and confirmed it IS a fault. The trouble is they don't have a parts ref for a replacement light unit yet so I have to wait while they source.

On the bright side, they sorted out my centre console rattle while I waited, the trim on the passenger side "needed a couple of extra clips".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re the rattle - how did they fix it? Mine is bookled in for a WHO:E day next week so they can strip it out and fix. Meantime I have a wedge of rubber stuck in alongside the hinge to stop the rattle.
Will send you a PM too in case you miss this post.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi K2BHM,

I honestly don't know 'how' they fixed it, the guy just told me they had fitted a couple of extra clips.

To be honest, Guy Salmon Thames Ditton were very good. I was supposed to be just running the car in for an assessment so they could book it in at a later date for the work to be done. But, one of the service guys came with me for a test drive, we waited for the rattle to start, which of course it didn't right away even though it had been rattling all the way to the dealership! Once it started he stuck his head down into the footwell and started applying pressure in various areas until it stopped. Then he told me to drive on while he kept applying and releasing the pressure to be sure he was right. I expected him to ask me to return to the dealership to book the car in, but instead he said, "I can't leave you with that to put up with all over the Easter weekend, I'll see if we can sort it out now."

Anyway, he took the car into the workshop and twenty minutes later it was done. If only they could have fixed my 'foggy' rear light as quickly!

I'm guess one of two things. Either your 'whole day' booking is overkill and they're just buying time, or perhaps my guy just did a bodge job on mine!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, Mattrix299. I'l let you know how it goes and also pass on to them the contents of your post. Sorely temped to take a star-drive to it myself but chancces are I won't have the right clips or whatever to fix it! Meantime I'll just put up with the rubber window wedge method of creak/rattle suppression!
Cheers,
B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts