Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
My invite was in the package handed over with car handbook etc at delivery; on booking via the 0800 number, they didn't mention this but on phoning the venue to book the other half of the day to make a day of it, they told me that the complementary experience is for up to 3 people - owner and 2 guests, each of which get a go. I booked the other half of the day on the same basis (£250 incl lunch). Going out in a DS first, then probably a D4 (if it was just me, would have been the defender I think, but thinking of comfort for non-drivers!) but they have the full range (excl Evoque) at that venue. Looking forward to it,

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not yet, was expecting something in mail, but did see some leaflet during handover, if it requires a phone call, better get on it....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Triple7 said:
Not yet, was expecting something in mail, but did see some leaflet during handover, if it requires a phone call, better get on it....
Thats the one!

·
Registered
179 Posts
The leaflet simply asks you to ring 0800 655 6465, quoting either your VIN or your registration number. When I called they seemed unable to find the VIN (!) but were happy with the reg number and dealer detail. I don't think you need the leaflet, just ring that number!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Tug for the details, I will give them a call.....Dealership said I should hear from LR directly within 3/4 weeks of pick up.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Frustrating that LR website says you will receive invitation after collecting car but nobody (yet) seems to have had the invite.

No leaflet for me on collection.

Good job we have this forum to exchange information, thanks TugPilot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I called the Midlands one to book as I thought the leaflet in my user manual pack did the job. Apparently that's not the official thing, which is supposed to come through the post with a code, but similar to TugPilot's experience, they were happy to take my booking for 2 May using my licence plate. If the code doesn't come through in time I'll call to make sure I can still go ahead before driving up there, but the manager I spoke to there seemed very relaxed about it and said it was a JLR problem to solve.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would go to eastnor where the original range rover was tested many years ago. We would also recommend upgrading to the full day- it is really worth it. We did it yesterday and The DS went through its paces without a problem. We didn't get stuck at all and even did a spot of reversing to let its big brother through! The car (not ours!!!) did get a bit messy even though it was over 18 degrees and a very sunny day. We felt sorry for the poor instructor who had to go and wash it... Pic to follow....

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
my dealer said they will contact but quicker if you contact them. Heard nothing yet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got an invitation already for a session in February, alltough I am expecting the DS delivery in early May.
This is in Finland and consequently I had my Experience day this time in snowy and icy conditions for a change. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
We didn't get a voucher through the post just the card during handover. In the uk vin or reg seems to work. They seem to get busy if you want weekends so I would book ahead. As I say we will be going back we had that much fun...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.