Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a few issues with my main computer screen, not recognising sd card, failing to communicate with my phone, yesterday i hopped into the car for nothing other than reverse camera to work on the screen, other than that just a black screen, tried turning engine off back on again etc but nothing, was due to go on a long journey on the motorway with a car full of children so rang my landrover dealer for some assurance that all would be ok, they told me to ring land rover asst who sent someone out about an hour later, a really nice helpful guy who jumped in and hey presto it was working, albeit it was very slow to load and continues to be so, so thinking the system must have a glitch. The car is booked in for some other bits and bobs so this is added to the list, anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes on my RR Evoque;HDD system "froze" about 4 times and complete reboot with new software at dealer solved this

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have had one major freeze, letting the whole car go to sleep fixed it, it has not happened since.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I suppose basically any modern car is like a computer it needs rebooting from time to time.

So long as one is stationary it's not too bad only if it happens when driving would it really scare the s..t out of me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was my worry, that from there everything may shut down hence the hesitation to join the motorway with a car full, that would be seriously scary! :eek:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Mine did go on the motorway, lucky only the media section , radio, nav, phone etc went off, - well the radios did not go off, it stayed on but I could not switch it off or alter the volume.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have experienced something similar where it's all blank but radio is on but I can't adjust volume or change station or mode. Frustrating !!! Car 4 weeks old .. It was a long trip home !! Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The only positive thing I can say is it did it only once after 7 weeks, that was back in May and it has been fine since.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Moose said:
Mine did go on the motorway, lucky only the media section , radio, nav, phone etc went off, - well the radios did not go off, it stayed on but I could not switch it off or alter the volume.
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Only happened once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.