Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned from a senior LR employee that:

- New SMALL Discovery to be introduced late 2016/early 2017 would be smaller than Evoque and a direct Mini Countryman rival with wheels pushed out to the corners

- Large Discovery to be introduced in 2016 was originally planned with 2 smaller rear doors yet changed to one conventional door as it needed to be accepted in all global markets. Door will look like D4 but all in one piece...

- There will be a Range Rover "X6" type of car which as stated will look rather "extreme" and "different"; so based on RR Sport with low roofline

What is your news for us today?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Baby Disco and Baby Evoque are possibilities they could knock a cylinder off the new 2 litre end to power it ( designed to do this apparently) but the have no platform as the Freelander/Evoque/DS can not be scaled down.
I am told the Evoque long wheel base will use x761 jag 4x4 platform

·
Registered
562 Posts
New smaller Range Rover Sport to fit between current one & Evoque

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Not heard of that one, I thought the long wheel base Evoque covered that slot

·
Registered
562 Posts
Gonna be on the Rangie platform.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Interesting do you have a model code, these are the one i know:

L319 - Current Discovery on T5 platform
L405- Current Range Rover on D7u platform
L494 - Current Range Rover sport on D7u platform
L462 - Next Discovery on D7u platform
L359 - Outgoing Freelander
L538 - Current Evoque (there will be a L538c)
L550 - New Discovery Sport
L560 - Future Evoque XL ( probably built alongside X761 at Solihull as it shares the same platform)
L663 -Future Defender

X152 - Current F type
X250 - Current XF
X260 - Next XF
X351 - Current XJ
X760 - New XE
X761 - New 4x4 Jaguar

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not as yet, just talk from JLR CEO, should be here 2016.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Warkman, great / interesting posts on all the threads from your inside perspective. I have one question, is the next full size Discovery going to be something special? It is surely different to the Vision Concept? If it's actually on the road release is late 2016/17 then i hope to be upgrading from my DS to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
DamienWyn said:
Warkman, great / interesting posts on all the threads from your inside perspective. I have one question, is the next full size Discovery going to be something special? It is surely different to the Vision Concept? If it's actually on the road release is late 2016/17 then i hope to be upgrading from my DS to it.
Its certainly different to the current L319 that's for sure. I like it and I've had a few L319s
Job 1 is still June 17

·
Registered
230 Posts
So it's the L462 - Next Discovery on D7u platform that I'm talking about. What's the D7u platform? the current Range Rover platform? I just hope it isn't too bling and can still function as a 5 seater with a HUGE functional boot. What about those suicide doors, pretty crazy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.