Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got into the car for a short journey and the audio wasn't working at all. Tried every source available, I.e. navigation, phone, radio, usb etc. Tried switching everything off and on again, both using volume knob and ignition. Managed to connect a call, and so knew microphone wasn't working either.

Called LR assistance to see what they could do given dealer won't have anyone to talk to at the weekend. Fifteen minutes later, after booking a technician visit, I went back out to the car to try again. Switched it on and the radio sprung to life, all audio restored.

Suspect it was a software issue given it magically repaired after some downtime. I'll be keeping an ear out for this happening again and will report back of so. Interested if anyone else sees this problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The audio system is ( to say the least ) challenging. Personally I think it's a step back from the system that I had in the Evoque. However, having said that I also had a problem with that until the dealer replaced the head unit and then applied a software update.
I'm holding in to my software glitches and waiting to pass the car back the dealer when I have a full snagging list. Having said that it will be a small list. (Hope I haven't spoken too soon)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Can't say I've had any problems with the audio system, but I've only tried Bluetooth streaming and USB audio, not got round to programming DAB.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Had same issue on my RR Evoque with Meridian. Happened 4 times and never again?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm loving the audio system (standard). I've got my iPod linked up via USB, DAB all tuned and iPhone linked in via Bluetooth. So far nothing but great sounding audio with an interface that's a delight use.

·
Registered
829 Posts
No volume issue with DAB while braking?

·
Registered
66 Posts
SimonM said:
I just got into the car for a short journey and the audio wasn't working at all. Tried every source available, I.e. navigation, phone, radio, usb etc. Tried switching everything off and on again, both using volume knob and ignition. Managed to connect a call, and so knew microphone wasn't working either.

Called LR assistance to see what they could do given dealer won't have anyone to talk to at the weekend. Fifteen minutes later, after booking a technician visit, I went back out to the car to try again. Switched it on and the radio sprung to life, all audio restored.

Suspect it was a software issue given it magically repaired after some downtime. I'll be keeping an ear out for this happening again and will report back of so. Interested if anyone else sees this problem.
Had exact same thing happen to us. Went off for about 5 minutes and then back on again :?:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have had the "no sound" situation several times. You can see the music playing (counting up), if you go to DAB you get the programme information, just no sound.

Each time it requires me to stop the car, shutdown and lock the vehicle. When I restart everything is good. MUST be a software issue...

:x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.