Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does the car not have a compass display in any form? No separate display, no "North" arrow in navigation if map set to "forward is up" mode. The only way to figure out which compass heading I'm in seems to be setting the navigation map to always point north.

·
Registered
126 Posts
elysio said:
Is it just me or does the car not have a compass display in any form? No separate display, no "North" arrow in navigation if map set to "forward is up" mode. The only way to figure out which compass heading I'm in seems to be setting the navigation map to always point north.
In the good old days you could always fine a compass in the heel of your shoe, l loved mine when l was a kid, then came the Freelander 2, boy how the compass had moved on, north was north, and the arrow showed you the way, town names, not a problem, each and every one, even if you was just passing them, you could see them, then the dark side of tata moved in and gave us all the worst piece of Nav kit you could ever want, its crap, like a lot of the thing on the DS, done on the cheap because they know we will buy, Going into loft this weekend to see if l can find any old shoes..
regards
tony

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It's NOT the worst - at least you CAN set it to north=up, I test drove a car where you couldn't - found it very confusing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah well, it's my first LR, so I thought something with a bit more off road focused (compared to say... Chevy Cruze, which does have a compass...) would have a compass of some sort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.