• <t>Firenze Red</t>

Votes: 3 50.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. Newbie here.

12 hours until my deposit goes down for March delivery and I still can't decide on the two colours I've nailed down. Your votes and opinions are needed to sway me!

Right now I'm 60:40 in favour of Corris and viewing Firenze as a little risky having not seen it on a DS in the flesh (albeit it does look pretty good on the RR Sport). Already dismissed all the other colours.

I'm coming from a black Evoque and the interior of my HSE will have to be black (3 year old son!). I do a fair bit of driving down muddy lanes.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Corris plus black pack for me, looking at what colours others are specifying Corris plus black pack will be the normal colour and the others will be rare.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm going to be different and say Firenze Red with black pack. I just think the grey will be popular, I've seen Corris with black pack and it is nice but the red will be different.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I payed my deposit in May and I've changed my colour countless times, it was Loire Blue, Firenze Red, Phoenix Orange then back to Loire with cirrus interior.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all. I even tried posting this to the Facebook Group but based on zero replies it didn't work.

Still no firm decision but likely to go with gut on colour ... Corris with black pack, USB's, side steps, mud flaps, tints, InControl, heated wheel, service plan)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I prefer the contrast between the red and the black of the two choices. For my taste the Corris and the black are too similar. (I've gone for a conservative Loire Blue) ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Deposit down on Corris. Can still change to Firenze during January.

Salesperson was finalising a £50,000+ deal on a DS as I arrived. That's serious spec! It was HSE Lux plus full multimedia with rear screens etc.

·
Registered
163 Posts
PaulCon said:
...likely to go with gut on colour... Corris with black pack, USB's, side steps, mud flaps, tints, InControl, heated wheel, service plan)
Can you please elaborate on the info you have received from your sales rep about InControl? My sales rep Immeadiatly said to ignore it as an option at this time as it is not fully baked yet.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I voted Firenze, but as I always go black/black I'm. Ring brave for you. If I'm honest, don't chose a colour unless you have actually seen it in the flesh.

Test drive on Friday for me!

Dunno what to do about 'incontrol'. I haven't specced it, but will it be the next 'must have'?

Thoughts on USB points?

·
Registered
562 Posts
This video has Firenze, go Corris!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Triple7 said:
I voted Firenze, but as I always go black/black I'm. Ring brave for you. If I'm honest, don't chose a colour unless you have actually seen it in the flesh.

Test drive on Friday for me!

Dunno what to do about 'incontrol'. I haven't specced it, but will it be the next 'must have'?

Thoughts on USB points?
Interesting, the vote is 3:1 in favour of Firenze which to me is more of a sporting colour the Evoque and RRS can get away with but I'm not so sure about a Disco albeit a DS. I'm still hopeful to see one in the flesh before spec has to be nailed down, in the meantime I'm staying 'safe'

The InControl selection is based on my own research and taking a punt it could turn out to be a wasted purchase admittedly but I'm hopeful within 12 months LR will produce something worthwhile from their investment as they have to do something to set their aging infotainment apart. I'm a sucker for this type of thing and not convinced it's in most car salespeople's skill set to comment on app technology unless they have had full training which I doubt is the case yet with LR as they are chasing their tails to meet demand

I've spec'd an additional USB up front and the pair in row 2 for convenience. My son to charge his iPAD without having to run it from the glove box and for us to occasionally charge two mobiles simultaneously on long runs. The extra one in row one is probably not required but it was only another fifty quid and may come in useful........ that's if the electrics on the DS are not as flawed as my Evoque which struggles to charge a phone anything other than at snail's pace primarily due to the demands of the Meridian we think

·
Registered
677 Posts
Based on my needs incontrol apps a waste of money, the apps that are on it at the moment ain't of much use to me, so I've went without.

I've overlooked the USBs though, now you've got me wondering, if ill need them. I don't have kids of my own, but relitives do, and they're often in the car.

Firenze was my first choice but I wanted the cirrus interior, which I didn't think went together as well as the blue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear what you're saying about the InControl as at this point the only feature i'm likely to use is being able to check I've locked my car and got enough fuel to get home remotely. It's a £350 gamble that a killer app will appear soon. I don't think anyone on this forum has spec'd their DS with it either which does lead me to question my thinking somewhat.

What I've not done is check whether InControl could be retro-fitted later.

If I don't get the deal I want from my dealer (im pushing them to throw in the Outdoor Pack before I actually transfer my deposit) then InControl may have to be binned as its a luxury not a necessity.

As for the USB's that's one of my necessities and I'm surprised more manufacturers do not offer them in rear seats, albeit another sad representation of how reliant we are on our devices

·
Registered
677 Posts
At the moment Incontrol has to be ordered from new, though there is rumours that LR through time will make it available for older vehicles. I'm sure through time more apps will be available.

I'm surprised the DS doesn't have USBs in the rear as standard, especially HSE cars.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Gonna add the rear usb's tomorrow when I'm at my dealers.

Anyone got anything off/thrown in with their order?

Mine has begrudgingly taken the labour off fitting mudflaps and that's it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Every dealer and deal will be different but on a £40k+ deal the absolute least I would expect is the service pack thrown in.

Dealers may not have any movement on the manufacturer price especially for a brand new model but do have flexibility on dealer-fit. It's a question of if they are willing to to get their numbers and some of that comes down to timing.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Mine said they would throw in free mudflaps, but I'll wait and see. This will be the 7th and most expensive I've bought from them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Firenze Red has always been a favourite of mine since the Evoque and it will suit the sporting stance of the DS. Both will be about the same to keep clean on muddy tracks though. The darker colours such as Corris make it look more luxury / smart to my eyes.

The poll shows a 50/50 split now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts