Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected my HSE Auto in Scotia Grey today all be it minus the towbar which is currently out of stock but will be fitted as soon as it is available.

I collected from Marshalls in Peterborough (130 miles away) as they offer military discount but this gave me a good opportunity to have a good drive in the car.

First impressions are that it is an awesome place to be. The engine feels much more responsive than my FL2 but I put this down to the excellent 9 speed auto box. The car drives really well, it is planted and sure on the road with no noticeable body roll, it accelerates well and cruises along nicely - engine noise is non existent inside the car.

I have no squeaks from the seats, the car came with HSE Lux carpet mats and a set of rubber mats (nowhere near as good as my FL2 mats), the interior is well put together (less the centre console lid), the seats are very good and easy to adjust but I miss the dipping near side mirror when reversing.

The info system is much much better than the FL2 but still miles behind BMW, the stereo is awesome and Bluetooth streaming is very good - I need to get my head around setting up the radio stations on the DAB radio but it seems straightforward. The sat nav had a few wobbles on the journey home so it will be interesting to see how it behaves.

Scotia Grey is a marmite colour - it does look stunning and changes shade dependant on the light and angle that you look at the car but I realise it us not everyone's cup of tea. For the first time ever I went with Almond interior and it looks great, such a light and spacious interior with the panoramic roof.

As mentioned in another thread the climate control uses air con when set to auto - this is different from the FL2 where you could set to auto but turn off the air con.

All in all it is a fantastic car, I absolutely love it and I will take some pics tomorrow - really really eased with it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a bit plasticky compared to the rest of the interior. To clarify I am talking about the sliding lid that covers the cup holders.

·
Registered
179 Posts
re dipping wing mirrors - you have them, just need configuring in the menu options...

Glad you like it; still love going out in mine, after nearly 800 miles clocked so far.

re sat nav, mine has its moments (such as telling me to turn in the opposite way from the obvious, and when disobeyed by me applying common sense, it then realised and cut 35 mins off the 2:30 trip - and demanding I come off at a junction with roadworks, though there was a perfectly acceptable and flowing contraflow. As ever with satnav, it needs a sense-check before blindly following its suggestions!).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TugPilot - off the top of your head can you remember where the wing mirror configuration is?

·
Registered
32 Posts
TugPilot said:
re dipping wing mirrors - you have them, just need configuring in the menu options...
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you only get the dipping mirrors with the Memeory Seat Pack?? Which is standard on a Lux???

·
Registered
179 Posts
apc67 said:
Thanks TugPilot - off the top of your head can you remember where the wing mirror configuration is?
Its in the Instrument Panel Menu, under Driving Features (I think). Might be in Vehicle Set up menu, only accessible without engine on (press Start button without foot on brake so engine doesn't start, but systems come up). Covered on p69 of Handbook though the navigation of handbook is not great - it refers you back to the Instrument Panel Menu page and doesn't say there how to start the system without starting the engine to access the Vehicle Set up Menu! Good luck!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Chazman88 said:
TugPilot said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you only get the dipping mirrors with the Memory Seat Pack?? Which is standard on a Lux???
Ahh, you are right. I have specced memory seats which adds this to HSE. However this one mentions memory mirrors (which come with memory seats!) so I was assuming this is what we have.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Glad that you are delighted apc67 - it is a fantastic car. You're right about the almond interior too, it really looks great.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Collected my DS yesterday evening and been playing with it today. All good so far with none of the reported issues affecting my car (as yet).
Have set it up to use the Paddle change in both Drive and Sport modes, really useful when you need to drop a few cogs approaching a round about - revert to normal drive mode when the "+" paddle held for a few seconds.

Love the colour - changes in the sunlight and looks almost black at night. In control all set up and working.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts