Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
denham5 said:
Does anybody have the HSE with climate seats. If so are they the normal HSE leather or are they the seats from the HSE Lux with the Windsor leather.
Yes I do, they are the normal grained leather.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the air seats with hse lux and it is windsor leather.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Used climate seats today for first time, seat bottoms cold, back just about notice. Would be good if we could have different settings for bottom and back, not just on or off with same fan strength.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I used to work for RECARO seating here in Germany and they were heavily involved in the design and manufacturing of the first climate seats which were originally for trucks. At the time I recall there were huge concerns from the medical profession particularly with regard to the back rest (cold or cool air is generally considered as being undesirable for lower back and kidneys). I would suspect that this may the reason for the rather "weak" backrest cooling. Of course this is something which is very subjective with opinions varying from driver to driver.

·
Registered
193 Posts
philn said:
Used climate seats today for first time, seat bottoms cold, back just about notice. Would be good if we could have different settings for bottom and back, not just on or off with same fan strength.
In the control panel you can select 1,2,3 cooling setting, and either seat only, back only or both, however the back only setting is hardly noticable

·
Registered
34 Posts
philn said:
Would be good if we could have different settings for bottom and back, not just on or off with same fan strength.
Unfortunately, this is impossible. As well as the split seat heating.

But anyway - seat ventilation function is very pleasant.
I was also on the LR2 premium leather windsor , but it was hot enough to sit in the sun.
In DS - In - including cooling and getting enough fast and comfortable seat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We also have the climate seats on HSE. Very effective base cooling but as others say, the back rest portion is not as effective. Also on top fan setting they generate quite a bit of noise, like an aircon on medium to high setting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.