Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to compare with others, but my Auto setting and A/C setting on the climate control seem to be conjoined. If I press the Auto button, the A/C button lights up too and vice versa. I can't have one on without the other. I thought this might be normal to start with, expecting the A/C button to go out after a while, but it never does.

Is this normal and the the same for others? I had an Evoque before the DS and this wasn't the case.

Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
It does it on my D4, its 3 years old. I keep my air con on all year round anyway.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thats how it works on my Jag XF, so probably the same system.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Indeed not a forced combination on RR Evoque and why should it be? (I like control of fan speed and don't like wind in my face)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ditto my FL2. I leave mine on all year on auto. If you want to specifically direct the air flow quantity, you select the vectoring yourself.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wiggy Rhino said:
Just wanted to compare with others, but my Auto setting and A/C setting on the climate control seem to be conjoined. If I press the Auto button, the A/C button lights up too and vice versa. I can't have one on without the other. I thought this might be normal to start with, expecting the A/C button to go out after a while, but it never does.

Is this normal and the the same for others? I had an Evoque before the DS and this wasn't the case.

Thanks
Common misconception that air-con just means cold air, but in reality it is 'conditioned air' for both temperature and humidity. So leave the a/c on all year (if you don't the internal seals in the compressor/system can dry and lead to loss of coolant) with the Auto function and let it do it's thing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wiggy Rhino said:
Just a thought - but on my FL2, (and Merc E270 before) I think all is auto as you say - until you take manual control of the fan speed when the auto light goes out, leaving a/c on as usual. Try that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.