Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have never had so much leather inside a car. So really concerned with using any of the cheap car wash places, particularly for the inside.

Looks like I will do it myself and i would welcome your comments on what products to use?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Dr Leather wipes are really easy to use work well and leave a new leather smell good for general use.

For a good clean and leather conditioning use Gliptone leather care products twice a year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You shouldn't worry about the cheap products, only remember to use the 'special leather lotion' at least once a year for your leather not getting too dry (ofcourse the more often the better but don't get too stressed about it)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Ideally one should find out what LR recommend because this should be tailored to exactly match the leather manufacturers finishing chemicals. The main advantage of this is that if serious problems do occur with the leather finish then one can always claim on LR. And yes, the leather manufacturer can exactly determine what care material has been used. I quashed many a claim from Lexus drivers in this way.
Of course, at the end of the day everyone will probably use what they always have done and there won't be big problems anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. The manual just recommends LR leather cleaner or other vehicle specific cleaners. I think leather wipes for regular cleaning along with conditioner a few times a year.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I believe you have to be extra careful with the climate seats' perforated leather .

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've been using the supaguard wipes and LRs supplied lotion. For the rest of the interior I use meguires interior quick detailer, cleans well without leaving any greasy residue on the dash and available from your local halfrauds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.