Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car ordered for late March delivery. Scotia Grey HSE car but we were both disappointed with the all black interior which doesn't even have a contrast stitch. Comparing this to a car with the Cirrus interior with contrast grey door inserts the lighter interior looks so much more upmarket. Has anyone any experience of this colour interior and how it holds up with young children aged 3 and 6.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Personally I don't think there will be an awful lot of difference, so choose the colour you want. I wanted to change from Ebony to Ivory, but not available on HSE. Haven't seen Cirrus, so stuck with black. Buy a product like Leather Guard http://www.gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/l1-leather-guard apply it yourself when you first get the FS and you won't have any stains that would ruin your interior.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had cirrus on my evoque, found it easy to keep clean , just the odd blue stain from jeans which comes off with baby wipes, I've had black leather in full fat range rovers and to be honest you see more dirt and dog hairs on black leather
I have ordered cirrus as I feel the lighter interiors look so much brighter and more upmarket than black

·
Registered
270 Posts
I liked the cirrus as well but my wife liked the black. As you can probably guess we've ordered the ebony :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Exactly the same here Ozsport!! Also we have a huge black dog and 2 children.

·
Registered
270 Posts
We have no dog but 3 children so that was definitely a consideration. No more little ones for us though because I've only ordered the 5 seat version! :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've went cirrus mainly because it complements the darker Loire Blue exterior and the fact it looks classy.

I've got 4 greyhounds so will invest in the boot mat and the water proof boot liner and some of that Gtecniq leather gaurd.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Also the Blue for me J77, and I agree with you and prefer your choice. We have a horse, dog and two very young kids, so thought black might be more sensible, especially with mud splatters off boots and dog. Wife and kids get muddy every day in the winter up the stables.

·
Registered
562 Posts
J77 said:
I've went cirrus mainly because it complements the darker Loire Blue exterior and the fact it looks classy.

I've got 4 greyhounds so will invest in the boot mat and the water proof boot liner and some of that Gtecniq leather gaurd.
The Gtechniq Leather Guard is dead easy to apply, just spray on and rub in with soft cloth.

·
Administrator
245 Posts
DamienWyn said:
Also the Blue for me J77, and I agree with you and prefer your choice. We have a horse, dog and two very young kids, so thought black might be more sensible, especially with mud splatters off boots and dog. Wife and kids get muddy every day in the winter up the stables.
Might struggle to get the horse in the back...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I've gone for Cirrus too with White with style pack 2. I am not keen on the creams/tans and black looked too dark but every ones view is different. It is a shame the Cirrus is not available on the LUX spec that would have been my preferred choice.

As for children, I'm lucky in that respect they have now both left home - happy times

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies and we have decided on Cirrus. It might take a bit of upkeep but it looks fantastic. Test drive yesterday and I really liked the car. Shame that it feels a little lower down than the Freelander but there is no doubt that it is a much better drive. It will be my wife's car and to be fair she didn't want to part with the FL2 but now she agrees that it will be a great family car.

·
Registered
562 Posts
bentley said:
Thanks for the replies and we have decided on Cirrus. It might take a bit of upkeep but it looks fantastic. Test drive yesterday and I really liked the car. Shame that it feels a little lower down than the Freelander but there is no doubt that it is a much better drive. It will be my wife's car and to be fair she didn't want to part with the FL2 but now she agrees that it will be a great family car.
Still not sure Bentley, judging by your later post on PH? ;)

Definitely 'feels lower, but you sit 'on' the FL2, but in the DS you sit 'in' it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No we have gone with the lighter interior and I will use a protector on it prior to putting the little monsters in it. I get what you mean about sitting in it rather than on it. Thought it was great to drive and it still felt elevated enough . Can't wait until March now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Gone for scotia grey with cirrus interior. Looks classy. Have a Doberman and grandkids so wish me luck lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Moose said:
I've gone for Cirrus too with White with style pack 2. I am not keen on the creams/tans and black looked too dark but every ones view is different. It is a shame the Cirrus is not available on the LUX spec that would have been my preferred choice.

As for children, I'm lucky in that respect they have now both left home - happy times
Hi Moose, is that the Cirrus with a white exterior. That's what I'm toying with at the moment but wonder if white with white will be too much. I'm not so much worried about the leather getting dirty (leather is pretty easy to clean) but more dirt getting in-grained in the lwer parts of the front seat-backs and the rear of the centre console. I hate this first world dilemma. I don't want black and the ivory is only on the Lux (ahhhhgggg).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts