Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a few people on The forum with signatures saying that they re getting theirs chipped at the dealer
(RICA chipped to 225 bhp)

I know this can't be offered in the UK dealers but anybody know of this happening outside a dealer as yet?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm also interested in this. As it's an engine that's been around a while I can't imagine it will take too long for someone to come up with a DS map.

Looking online at remaps for the Freelander and Evoque 2.2 Sd4s it seems to be a 25 bhp gain to 212bhp - which isn't really enough of a jump to be worth it for me. Going up to 230 might sway me depending on the cost.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's what RICA sent me last week after i enquired about it....

Land Rover has launched the all new Discovery Sport in four different engine variants. RICA Engineering decided it was time to tune them all! We have been testing and programming and these are the results:

2.2 eD4 2wd: 150 hp / 380 Nm --> 170 hp / 450 Nm
2.2 TD4: 150 hp / 400 Nm --> 228 hp / 497 Nm
2.2 SD4: 190 hp / 420 Nm --> 228 hp / 497 Nm
2.0 Si4: 240 hp / 340 Nm --> 268 hp / 389 Nm

The RICA iSoftloader device is also available for all engine variants!

Stay Tuned,

RICA Engineering

·
Registered
91 Posts
WHY?????? DS is plenty powerful enough and fast enough.... :?

It must be remembered that the 9 speeder is rated out to 420Nm that's why the DW12 BHP was increased (190) but the torque not....good luck with the longevity....and there is a JLR bulletin out to say any chipped/remapped cars are to be considered out of warranty full stop....and yes now we can tell if it has been 'messed' with...despite what the chippy's say ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take it easy slider...... May I draw your attention to the fact that I only asked about it as it was being offered by dealers, I assume in Europe, so I assumed that it's a legit remap.

I have never actually had a vehicle chipped but was interested in the process

·
Registered
76 Posts
Remaps and voiding warranty is nothing new. I don't thing there is a manufacturer out there that would honour a warranty if they found a remap. People still do it regularly though. It's a risk and I wouldn't do it on a brand new car myself and certainly not on a PCP/ lease. Maybe a year or two down the line but will have to see what's available.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry Pete79....not in anyway having a go at you....its just one of these things which gets me ...I just don't get it vehicles of today have more than sufficient performance for real world driving, I'm not a member of 'brake' and I loath fixed speed cameras which have zero discretion and are simply revenue raisers for the local 'Boss Hogg' (some of the older guys will know him)....but I've seen too many devastating injuries to people who's ambition in driving skills far outweigh their talent for driving at speed....and I am afraid few people really understand the dynamics of a RTC and just how much it hurts :cry:

Guys sorry for drifting off topic a bit.... rant over ;)

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am a big fan of the RICA remap; see my review elsewhere. In short, it is not the 225bhp itself but the much smoother pick-up from low revs (1,400rpm) without the annoying turbo on/off thing. Also made my automatic gearbox feel like new and fully resolved what you read here in Autocar review:

"The nine-speed automatic gearbox could be better as well. From a standing start, it'll hesitate to transmit drive, making it difficult to execute a prompt getaway. Additional throttle application results in nothing more than an even more vigorous take-off when it actually responds.

You soon learn to drive around it, but it's still a disappointment. The consolation is that gearshifts are otherwise prompt and quick, even when commanded manually via the paddles, and the engine pulls heartily enough through its rev range. Braking power is excellent, too, and easily judged."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.