Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
farmer/philanthropist, caravan hater/future caravan site owner :roll:

driving an RSS right now after a FL2, Fl1 and various defenders.

The wife want one of these DS shopping trolleys, possibly grey with black pack until she changes her mind again.
I think it makes sense now the ingenious is available, I never liked the poogoat engine.

One question, do the passengers get a 12v charge point or do I need to specify usb's ? Not bothered about the crumple zone passengers just the normal ones?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome

There is a 12V for second row passengers or you can opt for additional USBs. I think :?: I'll need to check.

Any member that isn't aware of the above member, he has a warped sense of humour, so don't take offence :lol:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
chicken george said:
farmer/philanthropist, caravan hater/future caravan site owner :roll:

driving an RSS right now after a FL2, Fl1 and various defenders.

The wife want one of these DS shopping trolleys, possibly grey with black pack until she changes her mind again.
I think it makes sense now the ingenious is available, I never liked the poogoat engine.

One question, do the passengers get a 12v charge point or do I need to specify usb's ? Not bothered about the crumple zone passengers just the normal ones?
Shopping trolly? You must be thinking of the RRS... :)

By default you get three 12v sockets - centre cubby, rear of centre cubby (notionally for 2nd row use) and left side of boot.

You do NOT get one up front any more, which is a right pain in the teets. I have to run an extension from the back to power things I want on the dash which need power. LR are not the first manuf to do this, and I can't see the logic to it. If you opt for the additional 5v sockets you do at least get one on the dash (next to the glove box) as well as 2nd and 3rd row. (You get one in the centre console by the rear cup holder even without taking the option. There's also the USB connector for the audio but it's best not to use that for anything the audio system might try to talk to, unless it's something the audio system CAN talk to.

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The shopping trolley is what the LR saleman called it , in his failed attempt to get me to stump up for a new RRS. I will go to my local dealer instead of that unhelpful lot.

So to charge a phone you can use the cupholder usb and/or or 12v. which also means there are numerous choices for the kids to charge their electronic in the back without the extra £100 usb pack. All this without disturbing a usb stick which maybe in for audio.

tbh I prefer talking to my kids on journeys but sometimes needs must for peace and quiet, so charging isnt a huge priority

Sadly Mrs G refuses to wear a gag so an earplug in left ear come in handy

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
chicken george said:
The shopping trolley is what the LR saleman called it , in his failed attempt to get me to stump up for a new RRS. I will go to my local dealer instead of that unhelpful lot.
Yeah, they're all oiled with the same grease I fear. :(

chicken george said:
So to charge a phone you can use the cupholder usb and/or or 12v. which also means there are numerous choices for the kids to charge their electronic in the back without the extra £100 usb pack. All this without disturbing a usb stick which maybe in for audio.

Sadly Mrs G refuses to wear a gag so an earplug in left ear come in handy
Just so. And of course you can always get 2-into-1 and so on adapters for the 12-v sockets, and quite long extensions, so one offspring could use the 2nd row one and one could use the one from the boot, to avoid arguments.

And if you have a USB stick in you'll be using the voice-control to choose music to play so much you won't notice the co-pilot.

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lead long enough to reach offspring in a trailer?

The handiest usb lead I have used was a dewalt drill l-ion battery with a usb adaptor, travelling in a mini bus on a stagnite the drill battery gave all the phones on board a healthy top up,

As for the 4 hour bus trip on a stagweek, not good :evil: thankfully the beer fridge as using the 12v

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
You have a pm CG

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
chicken george said:
lead long enough to reach offspring in a trailer?

The handiest usb lead I have used was a dewalt drill l-ion battery with a usb adaptor, travelling in a mini bus on a stagnite the drill battery gave all the phones on board a healthy top up,

As for the 4 hour bus trip on a stagweek, not good :evil: thankfully the beer fridge as using the 12v
I have one of those booster boxes, which probably wouldn't start the car but does provide 12v and 5v sockets which don't flatten the car battery and don't go off two minutes after you stop the engine. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi chicken george, I see you've finally migrated from Freel2.com. Welcome aboard! Wonder if 'npinks' your old sparring mate will come across too? :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Under the centre arm rest there is a USB charging point FOC. Doesn't charge my iPad. Paid £50 for second row USB's, they do charge iPad.

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Npinks shows me man love nowadays, I thinks he trying to scare me away.

Its true though that im considering opening a caravan site.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi CG, I am also on the journey to the DS side from Freel2. Provisional date to dealer is 25th Sept so watch out for me on the fine roads of Yorkshire! :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Why don't we just rename the site freel2.com and be done with it? :)

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Disco sport on there is about as popular as me at a caravan club agm. They fear change

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sniffing round new cars again, never got round to it last year, other logs on the fire. Hse auto probably, is lux worth the extra?

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
chicken george said:
Sniffing round new cars again, never got round to it last year, other logs on the fire. Hse auto probably, is lux worth the extra?
Depends if you want the standard extras over an HSE or spend the extra on some stuff you really want .

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just the answer I wanted, seems to me much of the lux extra is a bit OTT for me

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.