Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pete

Just skimming through the MY16 manual and there's are some sections detailing technology which we through was being removed from the MY 16

a section on rear seat entertainment screens:
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=539495&groupId=1655#588c625a-e111-45c9-8d75-6a70f5a3ca38!!4!52
We were told that the screens were not available as part of the entertainment pack, nor can I find an option on the build your car website.

a section on Adaptive cruise control:
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=539495&groupId=1655#86589cad-f902-4a59-a890-1a2c7f411285!!8!39
No mention of ACC on the final spec sheet.

a section on All Terrain Progress Control
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=539495&groupId=1655#c93758a4-fc4b-4f63-b258-88725a4634b5!!24!40

ATPC in action:

Can you confirm if this is going to be an option or not, i figure it just a first draft of the MY16 manual as I cant see these options on the final spec of the car or in any options.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi nino

Thank you for your post.

May I apologise for the delay in response, please be assured that no discourtesy was intended.

I note your query and can confirm that the manual in question is a generic manual applicable to all vehicle markets and therefore may include some features that are not available for your vehicle market.

For clarification regarding the specification of your vehicle, may I suggest contacting your vending retailer who should be able to advise on this.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
829 Posts
Pete, can you mention 1 country that can order Adaptive Cruise Control?

My point is, there have been many options in MY2015 and MY2016 brochures and manuals that can't be ordered ANYWHERE

·
Registered
270 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:

My point is, there have been many options in MY2015 and MY2016 brochures and manuals that can't be ordered ANYWHERE
Adaptive cruise control is available to order on Australian 5 seat models at least.

·
Registered
829 Posts
ozsport said:
KaikouraDiscoSport said:

Adaptive cruise control is available to order on Australian 5 seat models at least.
Thanks Ozsport. Could you send me a link to the configurator? When I "build" a DS via LR.au, I can't see Adaptive Cruise Control as something you can order? (maybe removed?)

This is the link I used:
http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/en_au_seatoff/l550_k15/3afkc/a-hse_a-std_a-std-wb_a-zytv-078by/n-867/jdxother.html

·
Registered
270 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
ozsport said:
KaikouraDiscoSport said:

Thanks Ozsport. Could you send me a link to the configurator? When I "build" a DS via LR.au, I can't see Adaptive Cruise Control as something you can order? (maybe removed?)

This is the link I used:
http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/en_au_seatoff/l550_k15/3afkc/a-hse_a-std_a-std-wb_a-zytv-078by/n-867/jdxother.html
My apologies, I think I am wrong. I was sure I had seen it on a customer spec brochure and I remember talking to the salesperson about it but I've double checked my guides and it's not there. We can specify blind spot monitoring, 360 degree cameras, wade sensing and head up display... but no adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just checked with dealer for spec for MY16 in Australia.

"Initially manual transmission was restricted, we have now been informed that it will not be available for 16MY.

For 16MY, the following options are also not available:
- Active Drive Line
- Head Up Display
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Row 2 Smokers Pack
- Adaptive Dynamic
- Surround Camera
- Wade Sensing
- Powered Gesture Tailgate
- Solar Attenuating Windscreen
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Rear Sear Entertainment
- All Terrain Progress Control."

Hope this information helps on people who looking to get the 2016 model.

Btw, Ingenium engine will not be available at least until 2017.

·
Registered
270 Posts
DecemberHeat said:

"Initially manual transmission was restricted, we have now been informed that it will not be available for 16MY.

- Active Drive Line
- Head Up Display
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Row 2 Smokers Pack
- Adaptive Dynamic
- Surround Camera
- Wade Sensing

Surely not. Most of those are options on the current model and if they take them all away there's almost no options left!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
DecemberHeat said:

- Active Drive Line
- Head Up Display
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Row 2 Smokers Pack
- Adaptive Dynamic
- Surround Camera
- Wade Sensing

In answer to your post, you are 100% right. Specification will be different for each market but also in the Dutch market all of the above options have been deleted for MY2016 which I find a VERY weird move, certainly as most ARE mentioned in all MY2016 marketing material ???

@Pete, not very important for me but personally I can't find Adaptive Cruise Control on the USA configurator either...

If ACC was available in the USA only why not offer such a desirable option in any other market???

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am really annoyed - this is the only thing that I am annoyed about with the DS, but REALLY annoyed - that LR sells this car without a cruise control. Even without a MANUAL cruise control. Especially annoying in the USA with our long drives in the same direction with the same speed.

Not even talking about an adaptive cc, a simple manual would have sufficed.

My 10 year old Dodge Durango had one.

What we got is a speed limiter that looks like a cc, but is none. This is a serious joke.

·
Registered
741 Posts
yserman said:
I am really annoyed - this is the only thing that I am annoyed about with the DS, but REALLY annoyed - that LR sells this car without a cruise control. Even without a MANUAL cruise control. Especially annoying in the USA with our long drives in the same direction with the same speed.

Not even talking about an adaptive cc, a simple manual would have sufficed.

My 10 year old Dodge Durango had one.

What we got is a speed limiter that looks like a cc, but is none. This is a serious joke.
They all come with cruise control and speed limiter???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. My car came with just a speed limiter and no cruise control. So it allows me to set a max speed that the car won't exceed, but I have to press the gas pedal like on a normal drive.

The buttons for the speed limiter look exactly like for a cruise control, so I did not check it during the test drive. I just assumed it is a cruise control, which it is NOT.

·
Registered
208 Posts
yserman said:
Sorry for the confusion. My car came with just a speed limiter and no cruise control. So it allows me to set a max speed that the car won't exceed, but I have to press the gas pedal like on a normal drive.

The buttons for the speed limiter look exactly like for a cruise control, so I did not check it during the test drive. I just assumed it is a cruise control, which it is NOT.
Over here in UK the button on the steering changes it from cruise control to speed limiter, you can only have one of them at a time

·
Registered
270 Posts
yserman said:

Took me a while to figure this out. If you car has limiter it has cruise control but it doesn't work the way it states in the manual. If you want to engage cruise control just use the SET button - you do not need to press the cruise / limiter button at all. The green cruise icon will then display on the dash and you can use + / - / cancel as usual.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You are my hero for the day, ozsport!! I just took the DS around the block and it works exactly how you described.

I also reread the manual and it CAN be read this way, but it is very confusing if you don't already know how it works.

THANKS!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Is true Adaptive Cruise Control available in the US (keeping a set distance from any traffic and changing speed whenever needed fully automated) ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.