Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Disco last week - loving it!
BUT.....
there is an annoying rattle from the central console lid on anything other than really smooth roads. Have got it booked in next week for LR to take a look, but was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if so, if they have found a fix yet.....

The only fix I have found when driving is to rest my left elbow on the armrest VERY HARD!!
Not a major issue, but interested to hear if this is a widespread issue or a one-off.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ditto Loving it. Really well designed vehicle.

Ditto, I've got a creak in the center console just above the middle air vents I think. Seems to make the creak under any load e.g. braking, cornering etc.

The salesman gave me the "wait to 1,000 miles and maybe it will magically go away on it's own" routine.

Which would be nice, if highly unlikely! As soon as it his the 1,000 mile mark (612 to go!) I will drop it off and they can pull it apart (gulp)...

Presume I will get a loan vehicle which I will keep until creak is banished...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have an occasional rattle on the latch on the centre storage compartment. Will be looked at next Wednesday by the dealer, along with list of other niggles. I asked up front for an Evoque for the day as we haven't driven one before, and they have kindly obliged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took delivery of a New Discovery Sport a month ago and experienced the same Centre Console rattle.
The dealer replaced the console unit and problem has now gone away.

Except....I now have a rattle coming from the Front Passenger door!!! which is driving me crazy!!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Um interesting I had something like this yesterday morning when car was cold and zero C outside. Then went away. Had car 3 days and no other faults. It didn't do this on the extensive dealer test drive I did listening when I picked it up. Will see.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a few comments on these rattles...

Centre console -- if you look closely around the bottom edge of the infotainment screen, you will notice that part of the console is not "as straight" as the screen. I think the console plastics are a couple of mm wider than they should be. If you put some pressure on this area you will most certainly hear a rattle

Passenger door -- I also had a maddening sound coming out of it, and I tracked it down to the passenger seat belt! The buckle was touching the pillar plastics and, truth to be told, the car is so silent that any odd noise can be easily heard.

There are so many posts about rattles here that I would honestly advise any new DS owner *not* to read these posts. I nearly went crazy trying to hear every single noise coming out of the car

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
[quote="earthmover"

There are so many posts about rattles here that I would honestly advise any new DS owner *not* to read these posts. I nearly went crazy trying to hear every single noise coming out of the car[/quote]

Very good point earthmover.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Chippy911 said:
[quote="earthmover"

There are so many posts about rattles here that I would honestly advise any new DS owner *not* to read these posts. I nearly went crazy trying to hear every single noise coming out of the car
Very good point earthmover.[/quote]

Agree too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.