Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, what option/model has the CD/DVD player? I saw photos on LR website that there is a slot to insert a disk on top of the control panel which is not on mine. I have HSE model.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The meridian entertainment system has the cd player .. I have it on mine

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't believe you can upload the 10 CD's into the system unless you ordered the system with a hard drive for navigation.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
You get the hard drive system as part of the entertainment pack which also includes meridian sound and dual screen with tv. You can't order the meridian sound system separately in the UK.

·
Registered
533 Posts
basicly, in order to get a CD player in the DS it's a £2,500 option!

·
Registered
796 Posts
The meridian sound system and all that comes with it is well worth the money ... the sound is amazing. .. plus you don't hear all the rattles !

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The total meridian system may sound great, but surely at 60- 70mph the small amount of road noise will dilute the improvements between the two systems and in my case SWMBO's talking would ruin the rest. £2500 for a CD player, no thanks I will be happy with my USB stick.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
With the dual view screen somebody can sit in passenger seat with headphones on and watch and listen to tv, driver can see sat nav and listen to radio etc. hope that explains it for you.

·
Registered
270 Posts
philn said:
With the dual view screen somebody can sit in passenger seat with headphones on and watch and listen to tv, driver can see sat nav and listen to radio etc. hope that explains it for you.
Ah I did not even think of that :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
IluH said:
I don't believe you can upload the 10 CD's into the system unless you ordered the system with a hard drive for navigation.
Just heard that my car does after all have hard drive navigation with the Meridian Audio - as current factory default. They compensated (part of) the higher price by giving me the climate seats for free. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just bought my wife a iPod nano and loaded her fav music and lots more. Gets rid of CDs everywhere :)
Works very well with menu system and voice. Much better than my Jag!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.