Discovery Sport Forum banner
321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport SE
7 Posts
It's worth it if you do. Just remember to keep your cables untangled and test unit for all the right connections before putting it back in dash. Had to take mine apart twice for missing stupid connections or not routing my aux or mic wires properly.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does this connect behind the dash or under the drivers seat? I’ve seen a video for the evoque and it’s under the seat which looks a straightforward install.

Assume behind the dash is more fiddly?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport SE
7 Posts
Does this connect behind the dash or under the drivers seat? I’ve seen a video for the evoque and it’s under the seat which looks a straightforward install.

Assume behind the dash is more fiddly?

Thanks.
I wish it had been under the seat. For the 2019, it is behind the AC display on the dash under the air vents in a very not fun place :D Good news is that it gave me a great opportunity to familiarize myself with the guts of my dash, particularly if I want to swap anything else in the future like the radio itself or the AC unit with the digital display ones.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wonder if my 2015 model is under the drivers seat. That’s where the DAB module is.

Do you have a link to the Amazon listing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I can confirm that my factory fitted reversing camera has worked from the moment I installed the device. Unique AD were very keen to know exactly which model year my DIsco is and they set the switches for me before they sent the device to me - 1 & 8 ON in my case.

Regards,
Dave.
Hi there. Could I please ask a question.
i have just installed the unique AD device in my 16plate disco sport. I have number 2 & 8 switches on and the CarPlay works fine.
i get the reverse camera if I-select it on the land rover infortainment part of the display.
however if i select reverse the screm displays a flickering display. Going between reverse camera and like a static display.
if I link the orange camera cable at the back of the unit to a power source as also suggested on here I get the full screen as static.
is this something you have had any experience of.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport SE
7 Posts
Hi there. Could I please ask a question.
i have just installed the unique AD device in my 16plate disco sport. I have number 2 & 8 switches on and the CarPlay works fine.
i get the reverse camera if I-select it on the land rover infortainment part of the display.
however if i select reverse the screm displays a flickering display. Going between reverse camera and like a static display.
if I link the orange camera cable at the back of the unit to a power source as also suggested on here I get the full screen as static.
is this something you have had any experience of.
Many thanks.
I never heard of 2&8 being on. Both me and Dave were saying 1&8 to get the rear camera working when backing up.
2-7 are off on mine.

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport SE
7 Posts
hi could you advise what decoder you purchased (amazon link would be excellent) and was it reasonably straightforward to fit ? thanks, ignore this just found it in the thread :)
JOYEAUTO OEM Integration Wireless... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0872XSY1M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
It is a straightforward process in theory, but the issue I ran into was the lack of space when putting everything back in to close up, mainly due to the main power extension cable you will have to use needing to fit in the crevice as well.

321 - 329 of 329 Posts