Discovery Sport Forum banner
301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,
Having trouble removing the centre console trim to get access to the console side panel screws.

I've read the Topix docs and it shows that the plastic is just held in place with the retainer clips. These unclip vertically but I'm having no luck.

Any advice on where to start, what angle to lift/pry/move the plastic to get it to separate from the clips?

Automotive design Car Vehicle Personal luxury car Carbon

Azure Blue Textile Bag Font

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
You need to remove 4 screws in the secret storage compartment under the cup holder first.

After that try pulling the trim up from the front edge, circled below. It's actually quite easy but you do need to pull firmly up, harder than you might think.

You have to pull the trim away from the centre console a little then up.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Burnerg81 said:
You need to remove 4 screws in the secret storage compartment under the cup holder first.

After that try pulling the trim up from the front edge, circled below. It's actually quite easy but you do need to pull firmly up, harder than you might think.

You have to pull the trim away from the centre console a little then up.

21D86AB7-CC1B-4F2C-AE9B-9B2F459B93C6.jpeg
Ah, thank you for the heads re the screws in the compartment!
I'll give your method a go and see how I get on!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

I've been told be Unique Auto Developments, whom I've just bought my unit from, that I need to splice the wire coming from the back of the unit into a place that gets 12v when the camera triggers.

For those of you that have done this, could you offer any advise, information, pictures or locations that would help!

Anything would be hugely appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm planning on buying an AliExpress unit for my MY18, link below I think is correct?

Has anyone bought one from China recently? Post Brexit I'm not sure what VAT/customs charges etc. I'm likely to have to pay at this end?

More generally has anyone updated to IOS15 and had any issues with any units?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm planning on buying an AliExpress unit for my MY18, link below I think is correct?

Has anyone bought one from China recently? Post Brexit I'm not sure what VAT/customs charges etc. I'm likely to have to pay at this end?

More generally has anyone updated to IOS15 and had any issues with any units?

Thanks
No problem for me after IOS 15 installed. Unit still works great after almost a year. Only complaint I have is phone call audio, those on other end cannot hear me very well. Other than that, works fine And a great option to add.

·
Registered
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Lux
5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now we have a U.K. based seller who will also install I’m actually interested! Returning to this thread again after considering a DIY unique setup previously.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m new to hear, I’ve just read the whole thread, as the DS I bought didn’t have an SD card for the day nav the dealer gave me a blank one and knocked £200 off purchase price. I’m now thinking rather than get the SD card register to my vehicle and then pay for maps should I go for the CarPlay option? And which one?
Any advice greatly appreciated thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m new to hear, I’ve just read the whole thread, as the DS I bought didn’t have an SD card for the day nav the dealer gave me a blank one and knocked £200 off purchase price. I’m now thinking rather than get the SD card register to my vehicle and then pay for maps should I go for the CarPlay option? And which one?
Any advice greatly appreciated thank you
My DS is June 2016

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to here, I’ve asked elsewhere on here, but I’m looking to get aftermarket CarPlay and I’m interested to know those of you that gave done it which one you went with? and how have they worked out? did anyone sort the steering wheel control issue?
I have someone to fit it at £250 which seems reasonable.
Any help much appreciated as I want to go ahead with it asap but don’t want to go down the wrong route.
I have a 2016 HSE luxury

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Not sure whether 2017, 2018 certainly although the car must have the 10" screen. The only other route is this third party option

·
Registered
2019 Discovery Sport SE
7 Posts
As title suggests, I love my DS but I couldn't live with that basic Harman system with the outdated 2019 maps and buggy/limited mobile apps, so I took the plunge and bought a carplay decoder and got it in 2 days from Amazon. Was cheaper on Ali but didn't want to wait a month for shipping.
After some frustration and admitted rookie mistakes by me during initial install, I self corrected and the final result is amazing.
As mentioned by someone else on forum, got OEM cam working fine on first try by switching on modules 1&8 and leaving rest off.
Car Motor vehicle Plant Automotive design Steering part

Car Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle audio

Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel Car Automotive design

Automotive design Steering part Personal luxury car Vehicle audio Technology

Car Steering part Vehicle Automotive design Plant

301 - 320 of 329 Posts