Discovery Sport Forum banner
301 - 308 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,
Having trouble removing the centre console trim to get access to the console side panel screws.

I've read the Topix docs and it shows that the plastic is just held in place with the retainer clips. These unclip vertically but I'm having no luck.

Any advice on where to start, what angle to lift/pry/move the plastic to get it to separate from the clips?

Automotive design Car Vehicle Personal luxury car Carbon

Azure Blue Textile Bag Font

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
You need to remove 4 screws in the secret storage compartment under the cup holder first.

After that try pulling the trim up from the front edge, circled below. It's actually quite easy but you do need to pull firmly up, harder than you might think.

You have to pull the trim away from the centre console a little then up.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Burnerg81 said:
You need to remove 4 screws in the secret storage compartment under the cup holder first.

After that try pulling the trim up from the front edge, circled below. It's actually quite easy but you do need to pull firmly up, harder than you might think.

You have to pull the trim away from the centre console a little then up.

21D86AB7-CC1B-4F2C-AE9B-9B2F459B93C6.jpeg
Ah, thank you for the heads re the screws in the compartment!
I'll give your method a go and see how I get on!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

I've been told be Unique Auto Developments, whom I've just bought my unit from, that I need to splice the wire coming from the back of the unit into a place that gets 12v when the camera triggers.

For those of you that have done this, could you offer any advise, information, pictures or locations that would help!

Anything would be hugely appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm planning on buying an AliExpress unit for my MY18, link below I think is correct?

Has anyone bought one from China recently? Post Brexit I'm not sure what VAT/customs charges etc. I'm likely to have to pay at this end?

More generally has anyone updated to IOS15 and had any issues with any units?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm planning on buying an AliExpress unit for my MY18, link below I think is correct?

Has anyone bought one from China recently? Post Brexit I'm not sure what VAT/customs charges etc. I'm likely to have to pay at this end?

More generally has anyone updated to IOS15 and had any issues with any units?

Thanks
No problem for me after IOS 15 installed. Unit still works great after almost a year. Only complaint I have is phone call audio, those on other end cannot hear me very well. Other than that, works fine And a great option to add.

301 - 308 of 308 Posts