Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just come onto this forum because I have had a similar nightmare to two other owners - 'lost the plot' and 'total shut down'. I have had to stop using the ECO auto stop function altogether as when I am on a gradient it shuts down then as I transfer my foot from the brake to the accelerator the whole car rolls backwards or forwards making me then slam on the brake again to prevent rolling which then of course shuts the engine off again. This has culminated in my being scared stiff and having absolutely no confidence in the vehicle anymore. The worse incident happened on Sunday when pulling out of a driveway onto a main busy road, the car shut down the rolled forward then engine failed to start altogether. We are then rolling into a busy main road with no power, so again brakes slammed on and then total shut down. It took a few minutes and a lot of deep breathing to shut down everything manually then start it all up again and immediately turning off the ECO shut down to prevent any more shutdowns and rolling. I hope this makes sense. I have been on to Lookers Landrover and was then disgusted to find out that they were going to charge me £20 per day to have a courtesy car which would be for at least two days. I have made a complaint as the car is still under warranty and their Customer Service is awful. I must say having driven many cars with ECO auto stop I have never had this issue before.

Another less major issue but rather irritating - has anyone else found that their SAT NAV is out of date, we have local roads which have been up and running for over a year but are failing to show on the SAT NAV?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I don't think much of the Sat Nav, I have never had the other issue but since my battery goes flat I always turn the stop start off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Nelly
Which model DS do you have ?
As you have read i have been having problems like you.
I have a HSE LUX.
It is now fixed, they have replaced lots of parts on mine.
The one they found in the end causing the problem is (KVM Module) which controls the Keyless entry.
This is what was shutting mine down.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Scary. Fully understand you loose confidence in the car till 100% solved. Dealer should give you money each day of repair rather than charge. Why would any dealer charge gbp 20 if they just made thousands and can turn a happy customer into an unhappy one???

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Nelly,

I am sorry to learn of the concerns you have experienced. I hope these have now been resolved, however if you are still encountering concerns or would like further assistance could you please send me a PM or Email me ([email protected]) with the following details.

Full Name:
Contact No:
Contact Email:
Vehicle Reg:
Selling / repairing retailer:

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
796 Posts
Must be a fault mine does not roll forward or backwards and when going from brake to throttle on a gradient it keeps the brakes on till I press the throttle. .. I know this because I can feel the brakes release

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nelly said:
Another less major issue but rather irritating - has anyone else found that their SAT NAV is out of date, we have local roads which have been up and running for over a year but are failing to show on the SAT NAV?
I checked the date on my data and it's from summer 2014 (or thereabouts) so it was a bit old when I received the DS. The DS manual indicates there is a web site to update the data. You go to the website and insert the SD card into your laptop to update. However, it didn't work for me (someone told me maybe because there is no update available yet?). I think I mentioned this on another post, but I believe LR gets its Nav data from here.com (which may have been purchase by a consortium of high-end German car manufacturers). You can go to here.com to report errors. I reported one already myself. Of course, it'll take until the next SD card update to see the fix.

Also, I think it's ridiculous that car manufacturers charge for yearly map updates. I was on a trip Saturday and Google Maps on my phone already knew that there is a detour road around a main road while the Nav on the car had no idea and showed me driving in a field. I don't know why they don't just stick Google Maps on a car and get updates that way. ;-)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nelly said:
Hi I have just come onto this forum because I have had a similar nightmare to two other owners - 'lost the plot' and 'total shut down'. I have had to stop using the ECO auto stop function altogether as when I am on a gradient it shuts down then as I transfer my foot from the brake to the accelerator the whole car rolls backwards or forwards making me then slam on the brake again to prevent rolling which then of course shuts the engine off again. This has culminated in my being scared stiff and having absolutely no confidence in the vehicle anymore. The worse incident happened on Sunday when pulling out of a driveway onto a main busy road, the car shut down the rolled forward then engine failed to start altogether. We are then rolling into a busy main road with no power, so again brakes slammed on and then total shut down. It took a few minutes and a lot of deep breathing to shut down everything manually then start it all up again and immediately turning off the ECO shut down to prevent any more shutdowns and rolling. I hope this makes sense. I have been on to Lookers Landrover and was then disgusted to find out that they were going to charge me £20 per day to have a courtesy car which would be for at least two days. I have made a complaint as the car is still under warranty and their Customer Service is awful. I must say having driven many cars with ECO auto stop I have never had this issue before.

Hi Nelly, do you not use the hand brake when stopped at lights etc, or do you just keep your foot on the brake pedal? Using the hand brake would be a simple solution id have thought?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.