Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ive been here a few weeks now but ive finally ordered my car today (27/08/15) from Lloyds at carlisle, the spec is

Discovery sport HSE 2.0 TD4 manual
Waitomo grey with a black contrast roof
Privacy glass
Spare wheel and heated steering wheel
Dealer fit towbar and electrics

Hopefully a few freebies thrown in lol

Delivery end of october / early november

I was the first customer to test drive the 2.0 manual as it was only delivered this morning, it was very smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very nice. I was in there test driving one a couple of weeks ago, obviously the older engine, and the guys were very helpful. Told me a similar date if a placed my order then. Fingers crossed the date isn't far off.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Great spec, I also ordered the manual. Somehow the combination of LR and a manual sounded good to me

Just this morning noted the new Ford Mondeo Diesel manual has the same gearlever. Spooky

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also started off with the idea of manual is better, but having read dozens of articles and videos and talking with people I was in two minds. Until I found out all the vehicles at Land Rover experience are automatic.

So although I don't plan to be doing any off-roading I do live in a remote area with bad winter weather. Automatic it is.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had an automatic evoque about 3 years ago and i was dssappointed with the delays in selecting gears, i know everyone else says the auto is the one to go for but you still get a slight delay. I did an experience day then and it was great.

At the end of the day it what you feel best with, i live up a country lane which has a big hill then down a farm track and as long a i dont have a heavy right foot manual will be fine

Ive got an update from the dealer today that all the dealers build slots for october have gone so its now looking like the middle of november.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Same for me. My sluggish RR Evoque 6speed auto made me go for a manual; certainly after DS owners reported all-or-nothing power take-offs at roundabouts, exactly as my Evoque. I just like control

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I've had 4 manual and 4 auto LR/RRs and it's auto everytime now especially with paddleshift

Autos are more popular used too so man residuals are hit

Auto DS is quicker than man too according to data

·
Registered
829 Posts
For me its about the fun of shifting gears and control over the timing. I have had great DCT gearboxes among others on my Nissan GTR but found the RR Evoque autobox a real disappointment. Whether 1 is in theory a second or less faster to 62mph or not is irrelevant to me

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi I will also be driving a manual after my last Audi decided to go to neutral on the m6 with no warning :twisted: . I have more trust in the mechanicals rather than complex computer controlled autos
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just had an email off my dealer, my build date is the 20th of November. Then hopefully delivery to the dealer by the end of the month.

·
Registered
505 Posts
brough74, think you might be waiting a bit longer, I placed my order on June 18th in Cumbria, have today been told the build date is 11th December! This is the first time any date has even been offered, so for me it will have been 6 full months from order to delivery!

Having said that, I have a strong suspicion my dealer didn't place the order when I handed over my deposit, and didn't realise it hadn't been ordered till mid August when I started to ask questions, but I can't expect him to be honest and admit it. I would love to know if there is any way of checking with Land Rover when my order was received.

I

·
Registered
533 Posts
Your build sheet will tell you exactly when.
In my case the slot was created mid May. I placed my order on 16th July. The order was processed the following week and accepted by the factory with a build date of 16th October. Handover is expected around 11th November, give or take a few days for transport, dealer fitting accessories etc.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have the build sheet, and nowhere does it say when I placed the order and paid the deposit, although I have a copy of the order we completed on the day.

It has 'Order Created Date', which is three months later, and dealer says that is the date when the order moves from the 'Holding Pool'.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Hillwalker said:
I have the build sheet, and nowhere does it say when I placed the order and paid the deposit, although I have a copy of the order we completed on the day.

It has 'Order Created Date', which is three months later, and dealer says that is the date when the order moves from the 'Holding Pool'.
Order created date would mean date the order was created to me.

·
Registered
505 Posts
me too!

Me thinks somebody might be bullsh*ting!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hillwalker should i ask which dealer ?

At the moment i have no reason to doubt the date as they had some cars in the pool which they could adjust to my spec

·
Registered
505 Posts
I won't name and shame just yet, they have indicated a willingness to compensate me, but they are not the dealer you are buying from, but same county,

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so i nice email from the dealer today reading -

Afternoon Craig

Good news - We're expecting your Discovery Sport to be delivered within the next week - I'll let you know once it arrives and we can firm up on a collection date.

Best regards

·
Registered
505 Posts
That is incredible! My build date is next week too (week ending 27th Nov), and I ordered mine (Kentdale in Kendal) way back on 18th June! Looks like I have been led a merry dance!

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Ordered same time as you Hillwalker - built 18/08 and been stuck at factory for 3 months without explanation :cry:

Well done Craig :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.