Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a call from Halewood my car is being built next Friday cant wait to go down and see it on the assembly line.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Had you set up an arrangement to see the car in build or has it just been offered? I'm just about to call my dealer for an update and see what he says!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Just gave my dealer a call ( Lloyds Carlisle), he is not able to be very definite about delivery, but I may still be on for 28th. Sept.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Was in Lloyds Carlisle last week and if i placed my order then they could possibly see a build date of end of October. Where i've gone is quite a bit longer then that, but needs must.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i booked the VIP tour to see it being build which means they keep you informed of build date progress so you can make your travel arrangements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Roger

Have you received a delivery date yet ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Roger said:
i booked the VIP tour to see it being build which means they keep you informed of build date progress so you can make your travel arrangements.
Thats interesting Roger, it was the other way round for us... i.e. they gave us a choice of available dates for the VIP tour (during our expected build week), and co-ordinated with the build scheduling team to have the car built on the day of the tour... So we now already know our car is being built on 26th October, but was originally scheduled for build on the 31st...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nick2611,

Same for the wife and I. We have ended up putting our build date back from 29th Sept to 2nd Oct in order to see ours built. If you've waited this long what's a few more days!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did you guys who have changed the date manage to change the week ? Im away the week our car is due to be built, but they weren't able to move it forward/back from the scheduled week at all - it had to be in the scheduled week...

Shame would have been good from what everyone has said...

·
Registered
149 Posts
rduk said:
Did you guys who have changed the date manage to change the week ? Im away the week our car is due to be built, but they weren't able to move it forward/back from the scheduled week at all - it had to be in the scheduled week...

No Rduk, I had to stay in the same week, but was able to move from Friday back to Monday...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
35baron said:
Hi Roger

Have you received a delivery date yet ?
Yes i have the car I collected it last Saturday it arrived at the dealers on the Thursday night so six days after i saw it being built it was delivered and i collected it on Day 8.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nick2611 said:
rduk said:

No Rduk, I had to stay in the same week, but was able to move from Friday back to Monday...
Ok thanks Nick, that makes sense then - they said the same thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.