Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my SE in Luxembourg this weekend and when I arrived there was a long-faced salesman telling me they had forgotten to put in the SD Sat-Nav system in the specification :( :( even though I have paid for it. Does anyone know if these can be retro-fitted? I know it will need a card reader in the centre console and a transponder in the from speaker pod above the dash but will it need a processing unit in the car's computer or is it just a software driven package? I am dreading LR saying they can't retro fit the Sat Nav package.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Not sure with the new system in the DS, most other JLR systems I have seen need a fair bit of hardware changing, however if it is the dealers fault he should pay, or get your money back and reorder

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, but in my opinion they should just be ordering you another car to the correct spec, and let you keep the one you have until it arrives. That's what I'd demand.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Demand a new DS, to the correct specification.

·
Registered
506 Posts
J77
Demand a new DS, to the correct specification.
Quite right, it's unacceptable!

G

·
Robin22059, I am waiting for an SE DS to be delivered in Cyprus which has the sat Nav also specified on the paperwork. I hope the same doesn't happen with mine. I am also interested to know if your radio has DAB reception built in - the spec sheet doesnt mention it, would you mind checking yours?

I am of the same opinion as others whose commented - its not the car you have ordered so if they cant fit the sat nav, they should replace the car.

Funkster

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

JLR BeNeLux did their best to solve the problem!!!

They contacted the factory requesting a retrofit for the Sat Nav. After 3 days of waiting the request was turned down. I was told it WAS technically feasible but the fcatory was not prepared to take the risk as in the future there may be an incompatability problem between electronic components with a software upgrade. I am an IT Engineer and cannot fathom this one out as normally components communicate according to agreed protocols and software interface standards so if the hardware is the same what is the problem for the middleware or presentation upgrades? I sense the factory did not want to bother with individual issues and wanted to take zero risks so the customer pays! :x :x

Anyway, JLR Benelux have offerred my money back or a replacement, the problem is I have to wait another 6 months (I first ordered the car on Sept 15th 2014) :( :(
When I dropped off this wrong spec car last weekend to the local UK distributor he told me that for new UK orders delivery would not be before Sept 2015 and that teh engine specs would be different as they switch to Ingenium engines. :shock: :shock:

The net result is that I am in a bit of a pickle, with no car, and no immediate prospect of a car :? :?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Tell LR that you are contacting the motoring press regarding your issues and treatment, give them a week to come up with a satisfactory solution and see if that shakes them up.
There must be a car somewhere that LR can source rather than their reputation being tarnished.

If you don't get satisfaction call auto express who have issues like this although not as bad in their weekly magazine, they may also take it up with LR on your behalf.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts