Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it appears i have now got to the bottom of the reason track lists can't be used with my old i pod touch (it's an ipod incompatability apparently). I decided to finally rid myself of the last ianything in my life and get a new MP£ player. However having had a stellar idea of using my old sony Z1 compact phone (no longer used as a phone) only to find it doesn't connect via the usb socket, can anyone tell me if any other makes MP3 players do connect via the usb socket or will it all be condemned to the aux port?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Good news, no need to invest in a player. just a new USB stick. Dump your music on that and you're good to go.

There are threads on here about what file formats, folder structures and USB sticks to use.

You can leave it permanently plugged in to the Media USB port in the car if you want.

BB

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BobbyBox said:
Good news, no need to invest in a player. just a new USB stick. Dump your music on that and you're good to go.

There are threads on here about what file formats, folder structures and USB sticks to use.

You can leave it permanently plugged in to the Media USB port in the car if you want.

BB
Err as an all the gear and no idea type the thought of doing anything more than picking up the library and dumping it in a new folder for another MP3/4 player fills me with dread. That and the likely hood of just snapping a stick off with the keys etc i shove in there seems quite high

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If you get one of the cruzer USB sticks these still out only 5mm and are much less likely to be damaged or disturbed.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, was showing my ignorance there, they are tiny!

Is it just a case of grabbing my itunes library and dumping a copy on the stick? Is it then searchable by artist etc?

Sorry i'm a bit of a luddite on this.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
There is a post on here somewhere which talks about keeping the file system sorted if you want the album track to stay as they are on iTunes, if not just putting it on a stick will leave album tracks sorted alphabetically .
But other than that yes.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Benjs said:
BobbyBox said:

BB
Err as an all the gear and no idea type the thought of doing anything more than picking up the library and dumping it in a new folder for another MP3/4 player fills me with dread. That and the likely hood of just snapping a stick off with the keys etc i shove in there seems quite high
Pick and dump is all you need to do - just dump it to the USB stick instead of a new player.

Not wrong about the risk of snapping it off - get a "stubby" one. I have one of these - http://tinyurl.com/oeyqy5a - works a treat and doesn't stick out across the cubby. Or get a short USB extension cable.

Voice control of the music player works pretty well if you have the music on a USB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.