Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just received my MY016 model HSE AUTO.

I can only view my rear camera on the console screen - yet I have the following features
Keyless Entry
Cruise Control
Autonomous Emergency Braking
Lane Departure Warning
Rear Parking Aid
Front Parking Aid
Rear View Camera
Park Assist - Parallel, Parking Exit & Perpendicular

I found a video showing that you can view the other cameras

Is it possible that you can only use this feature by purchasing the incontrol pack for £650? Is this something I can ask the dealership to install for me?

All in all - Im happy with the car although its done some unexpected things

1) Said the key was outside the vehicle midway through a journey
2) Switched to pedal gears without me touching the pedals
3) Music keeps cutting out when playing MP's from a USB memory stick

Thank you

Lee

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

You need the Surround Camera System option for this, this option is not available now, later this year I've heard.

With the mp3 cutting of, please try a other usb memory stick from a different brand, or buy a new one from Kingston. Don't know what you now have but some usb sticks are really terrible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Its kind of annoying that the manual and promo stuff visually sell parts of the product which are not available. Interfacing some cameras is hardly some kind of advanced technology. In fact the hardware will come with API's anyway.

As for the memory card - its always worked with everything else without any problems... but I will try another one in any case.

·
Registered
193 Posts
cinda said:
Thanks for the info. Its kind of annoying that the manual and promo stuff visually sell parts of the product which are not available. Interfacing some cameras is hardly some kind of advanced technology. In fact the hardware will come with API's anyway.

As for the memory card - its always worked with everything else without any problems... but I will try another one in any case.
The memory stick (USB) is a weird intermittent problem, I have an old stick with loads of music in WMf and it is formatted as required to work in the DS, it works in every thing else! But the DS refuses to even recognise it, I now have a new USB stick, that works in the DS, but sometimes It does not work first time, I have to unplug it and plug it in again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah im getting the feeling that the software for the entertainment screen is not a properly finished product. My BlueTooth also couldnt pair properly at the first instance and then later could. The moving from track to track is also really really slow compared to even a 10 year old car.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
cinda said:
Thanks for the info. Its kind of annoying that the manual and promo stuff visually sell parts of the product which are not available.
Agreed. One of the most-cross making things about the car so far. Not even *knowing* if the think in the manual is present but fiddly, present but broken, or just not present is not helpful either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.