Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having owned my discovery sport for a total of 3 months and 2,500 miles I decided to jump ship.

At first I thought what more could you want from a car, and gave it a glowing report. But after the first 3 weeks found myself not wanting to drive it. But everybody who saw it loved it

It just wasn`t for me. Also for some reason the wife never liked it from day 1 so that made the decision a no brainer.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the same or should i preserve it as one of the few working examples in barolo black lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't blame you. would like to know what the loss is if any, and what you traded in for, looks like they have problem with new engines, so could be worth holding out a bit longer, but when l find the right deal l will do the same, Its no longer Land Rover, Not Even JLR but some back street name known as TaTa,

·
Registered
677 Posts
Forest I'm in the same boat, loved it for the first couple of weeks, but now can't be bothered with it, as with you other people love it. I had niggling doubts before I bought it but thought they would go once I took ownership.

I've been looking at the Jaguar XF-R Black Sportbrake run out model, £3k deposit contribution from Jag, even without me putting anything in its cheaper per month than my DS.

·
Registered
796 Posts
So the big question is what is the value of a 3 month old barolo black disco sport with 4000 odd miles and a fancy sound system and a few nice extras ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
merctony said:
Don't blame you. would like to know what the loss is if any, and what you traded in for, looks like they have problem with new engines, so could be worth holding out a bit longer, but when l find the right deal l will do the same, Its no longer Land Rover, Not Even JLR but some back street name known as TaTa,
Where did you read that there are problems with the new Ingenium engines?

How could there be a problem as production hasn't even started in the DS and no reported issues on the Jaguar XE forum?

·
Registered
126 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
merctony said:
Where did you read that there are problems with the new Ingenium engines?

How could there be a problem as production hasn't even started in the DS and no reported issues on the Jaguar XE forum?
Well l was told by salesman who is a customer of mine, he has worked at land rover for 10 years plus, l have known him for most of that time, l have already posted on this, anyway, he was saying they are getting many back in with faults, air con, and rattles mainly, and advised me to wait for 6 months after new engine release as they were having problems with crank. Now they are in cars and being tested most days on the M40, l see them in their bar code livery. At this point he did not know l already had one, and when he did see it, he remarked the 2.2 was a far better stronger engine, one that had been well tested over time. So it may not be written, but why would he say it ?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Really liking mine. Aside the DAB issue, one is fab. Whatcha gonna get instead?

Be interested to know what you get shafted for, I mean trade in price....

·
Registered
193 Posts
forest172 said:
Ashey said:
well at least you can moan on another forum
I`m not a moaner sunshine. Just saying I fell out of love with the car. Enjoy yours
I agree with you mate! At the end of the day it's your money and your decision, (people that attach labels to voice their view on someone pi$$ me off) and I hope your next purchase is more to your liking! By the way that's a pretty good price you got there, was that a private sale or PX, trade in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hawks said:
forest172 said:
Ashey said:
well at least you can moan on another forum
I`m not a moaner sunshine. Just saying I fell out of love with the car. Enjoy yours
I agree with you mate! At the end of the day it's your money and your decision, (people that attach labels to voice their view on someone pi$$ me off) and I hope your next purchase is more to your liking! By the way that's a pretty good price you got there, was that a private sale or PX, trade in.
An independant dealer purchased it off me. They put £2k on it(more than what I paid new price because I got a few options for free) and sold it within a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.