Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how long it takes for a DS to get from start of build to end of production line, excluding any issues like the 2nd row seats etc.

At the moment the dealer is telling me two weeks from build start to delivery!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine was 6 days from start to being available to be called from factory. Not sure if that is normal mine is a HSE LUX.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That 2 weeks would seemingly include transportation too. My experience is build starting first week of February after deposit in December and it still hasn't been released from factory car park and is classified unfinished so not even on TOPix yet. I know you asked excluding cars with BARF, but I expect once they all start being released it will cause further chaos with deliveries for everyone as there will be a surge in cars being released and likely a back log in transportation. I would hope that transportation would prioritise by order date at that point??? Yes, I'm fed up and slightly disgruntled! :evil: :oops: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I think mine is with yours PF,
It is made but not released from assembly, so cannot be collected
It is in NF road compound ( lost the bit of paper, think it was NF)
it is outside the VIN for seat and software so no reason to keep it unless they screwed it together wrong.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine went into build Friday 13th February and was at Dealer on Friday 6th March, having said that it's still stuck there with no release date because of the software update issue.

Friday 13th, should have known ! :shock:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I was told by the dealer that the car is on the production line for 3 days, mine went on last Wednesday so assume it was finished Friday. No date for collection yet will be calling them on Thursday to see if they can tell me when.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.