Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. I just wondered if anyone could give me an information on build dates etc. I ordered my Disco Sport at the end of July. I chased them up again today to see if there was any update on build date/delivery date but my order of a "HSE Black" is still in the holding pool. My questions are: -

1. Does anyone know when i may get a build date if i placed my order at the end of July.
2. When i get my build date how long in advance would it usually be? (say i get a build date tomorrow would it be for October or November etc?)
3. Roughly how long after the build date takes place would the car be ready for collection?

Thanks in advance
Andy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you in the UK and did you order from a main dealer?

I just ordered from a UK franchised dealer and was given a build slot/date when I paid my deposit of 23rd Nov. He said delivery would be 10-14 days after that. Dates could of course change but was given build date immediately.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tuxs
I ordered my car on 30th July.
It appears that the lock down date was 18th August (but I was never told this)
Build date is quoted as 18th September and delivery to me in Spain is estimated as 23rd October.
Given what others have said on here regarding delays - if all goes to plan - I think I've done well.
Your dealer should be able to confirm build and delivery dates.
There are some other examples on this forum which might help and I recall one useful post suggesting you book the VIP Halewood tour to make sure you know when your car will be built!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im UK based and car was ordered via a large lease hire company. When ordered in July i was told to expect the car around November but its currently still sat in the holding pool.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Tuxs

I too am personal leasing and have ordered the HSE Black.

We ordered beginning of June and was originally given a date of 3rd of December. I had an update last week bringing it forward to 27th of November.

I am still living in hope that we shall receive it sooner, but not holding my breath!!!... I have read somewhere recently on this forum that people are now being quoted January for any new orders.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered my HSE AUTO in February and was told April /May to be realistic. Then in May was told August build because I would get the 2016 version. Obviously I didn't register it until September.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Tuxs, I wonder if the long lead time and uncertaintly is due to it being lease hire... I ordered mine as a straight up purchase 2 weeks ago, and have had my build date confirmed as 26th October... I am one of those who recommend booking the VIP Halewood tour as it locks in a build date for you. Mine was originally scheduled for build on 31st October (Friday afternoon car.. ;o)), but by co-ordinating the build with the VIP tour availability, I was able to bring the build date forward a few days... The tour is £295 for two people, but comes highly recommended. It includes lunch and some "souvenirs" of the day. It just happens to have the added benefit of locking in your build date...

·
Registered
404 Posts
The situation is not very clear and my dealer is apologetic on LR's behalf. Car ordered 8 May for September delivery with Ingenium engine.

Last month I had a date-to-dealer of 25th Sept. On Friday 4th, I was told that (a) the new date-to-dealer was 2 October but (b) all cars promised for September would be delivered!
Last Friday I called to check for news and was told no change, still 2 Oct. Then got a call back to say that the car had been built, accepted and transport plans were being made to get the car to dealer in the next 5-7 days!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yes ChrisB that pretty well what Lloyds Carlisle have been saying, still waiting for word though!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
There must be a logic to the ordering system, though I can't fathom one.

I would have thought getting the cars out into the leasing fleets would be a priority. After all it's the fleet managers and the big leasing firms you have to keep on side with. Unless that is I'm totally misreading the situation.

Then you have the private buyers like most of us here. Some have waited such a long time for delivery. Others not so long. I ordered late June, I got a build date of August 21 and the dealer said he'd be deliberately vague about delivery but said somewhere round September 18. I'm getting it on Wednesday. All in all that's pretty good going. My neighbour ordered mid August and has been told late October or early November. A similar timescale from the same dealer.

What's happening? Are some dealers ordering cars with no spec just to book a build slot so that when a customer comes in a firm(ish) date can be offered? It doesn't matter to the dealer because demand is so high that car will find a home.

I'd love to know how it works.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I ordered mid June, was originally told late Sept or October, have now been told, maybe November/December. No consistent pattern at all is there!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Usually depends on the dealers performance, bigger dealers who shift more vehicles have more build slots available so tend to be able to supply earlier. When I was ordering I looked at a couple of local dealers, 1 small and 1 large, the smaller dealer was quoting 2 months longer wait than the larger dealer I went with in the end. I ordered 9th July and its now been built with delivery expected next week

·
Registered
436 Posts
My understanding is that a chain of dealers such as Stratstone commit to so many chassis numbers and sell stock rather than factory orders, whereas a smaller dealer perhaps with one showroom prefer to spread the order bank over several months, which can often help with the peaks and troughs of car sales and help even things out over the year.

·
Registered
404 Posts
My dealer says that his "stock orders" have been cancelled to fulfil more significant customer requirements. they will get the stock orders available again in due course. I'll post if mine does come through as predicted

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have just received an email from my local dealer. I am hoping to order my DS once I have had a test drive, this weekend.

Apparently due to a high demand for the new 2.0 l engine LR have said any new orders will not be built until Jan 16.......Was needing it for a trip to the Alps at Xmas :(

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
w4yne said:
I have just received an email from my local dealer. I am hoping to order my DS once I have had a test drive, this weekend.

Apparently due to a high demand for the new 2.0 l engine LR have said any new orders will not be built until Jan 16.......Was needing it for a trip to the Alps at Xmas :(
No different to previous lead times.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi all

I ordered my car in June i was told build date would be today 18th Sept completion date 24th Sept hand over date 2nd Oct !!! Brill all excited only a couple of weeks to go BUT I started to read people's comments about delays so I rang my dealer after I got no responses via emails to be told my hand over date is now 21st Oct ??? Does anyone know of why such delays???

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oranliam said:
Hi all

I ordered my car in June i was told build date would be today 18th Sept completion date 24th Sept hand over date 2nd Oct !!! Brill all excited only a couple of weeks to go BUT I started to read people's comments about delays so I rang my dealer after I got no responses via emails to be told my hand over date is now 21st Oct ??? Does anyone know of why such delays???
Those dates are the same as me, i ordered in June, and my delivery date should be that week too... There seems to be massive variances depending on the dealer and their slots, some people have had much worse, others much better

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ordered DS HSE on 18th May. Being built on 25th September. Dealer says it will be with him 10 days later. Dealer needs it for two days to do PDI and add the bits and pieces I have ordered.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ordered mine on 15th May. In build this week, final trim today apparently (I suspect this is where they incorporate the faults!! :eek: ) with estimated dealer delivery 29th, with pick up on 30th. All the dates were given to me at time of order and they have stuck to them. :)

Just chosen the Reg number and am awaiting VIN number on Monday so that I can attempt to see the details on TOPIX.

Roll on the 30th. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.